Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Full time tournament players..

I've been playing poker for about 2 years now, playing online only since this past July. I don't play for a living, I don't ever plan to play for a living. I play poker purely for entertainment. I learned the game with a "tournament" mindset. Cash games just don't do it for me. I love tournaments.. accumulating chips, watching the field shrink, the rush of making a FT, etc.

With that in mind, I have a few questions to ask those of you who play MTT full-time, or very frequently.

- Which sites do you prefer.. factors would include quality of the field, starting chip stack, blind structure

- What are the best tournament options in the $10-$50 buy in range?

- What are the best Sattelite opportunities? For example, I love watching the Stars 700K FT because of the amount of money at stake. The problem is I don't have a few hundred bucks to throw down on a weekly basis, esp. with such a huge field to beat. Are there any notable "cheap" options to get into these games?

- This is obviously a question without any definite answer, but just a ballpark idea... How often do you "expect" a big cash? That is to say, how frequent is this for a good tournament player? Do you expect one a week, a month, a year?

- Do you multi-table tournaments? I find it very difficult to play multiple- MTT. I can play 4-6 SnG's at a time w/o too much trouble, but I like to play one MTT at a time, w/o any other distractions.. is this common?

- How do you approach rebuy tournaments?

Like I said, I have no intention of playing poker for a living. I consider myself to be a solid player.. I can beat by home game regularly..beat most campus games regularly.

I'm just looking for some feedback from player who play online MTT frequently.