Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Share your travel experiences, help me choose a place to go!

Haven't been to any of those places yet, but plan to go to Costa Rica later this year. So my vote is for the Switzerland of the Americas.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:50 PM

Aruba, where the geckos are long as your arm and the drinks are longer than that. Only downside to this place: No topless beaches. What're you gonna do? Even paradise isn't perfect.

-Antonio, President of Rocks & Rings
www.magicantonio.com
Old 07-04-2005, 03:06 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Look into Croatia, it was the best vacation spot I ever went to.

If you want an idea, google pictures of the following places. Dubrovnik, Hvar Island (anywhere else on the Dalmatian coast)

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I've only travelled Europe and the western States, but Croatia has an unrivalled beauty. I thought Pula was gorgeous and regretted not being able to go further south to Dubrovnik. The beaches are gorgeous, the seafood is cheap and tasty, there are many historical ruins to visit, and probably plenty of other fun things to do. You can even sneak around to Italy if you're in the North and wanta change of pace.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:43 PM

Costa Rica is a great place. There isnt much of a language barrier. Sometimes the locals english is poor but they know enough to communicate. I dont surf but there was lots of surfers there and from talking to some of them thats the place to go if you wanna surf. The town of Tamarindo was a big surfing town. I stayed at Barcelo Playa Langosta which is very close to Tamarindo. Prices seemed reasonable but we did an all-inclusive so I didnt spend much money.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 PM

Fiji ...Turtle Island if youre with that special someone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fiji

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this completely if you just want an island paradise. But if you specifically want surfing/snorkeling then I suggest Australia. Despite being ridiculously far away, it is well worth the trip if you have a month to spend there. Bels Beach hosts the world surfing championships, I believe, and is a gorgeous beach. Then there are also Manli and Bondi beaches near Sydney which are amazing for sunning/surfing and then of course the Great Barrier Reef up north for snorkeling/scuba diving.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surf/party/relax

[/ QUOTE ]

kuta beach, bali. if you can get there (its in indonesia) its perfect for all three of these, and cheap as hell once you're there/
Old 07-05-2005, 06:11 AM

Thailand...you got everything... beaches, mountains, jungle, food, and you can pop into Cambodia and see Angkor Wat, absolutely amazing ruins. Travel there is a breeze, Language is no barrier, and in the beach towns, you'll have no problem meeting people.

Kho Phagnan is my favorite, you can find everything from utter solitude to insane party scenes on the little island. Kho Tao is a ferry ride away...learn to SCUBA dive and get your certificate for $150. If beaches are what you want, you'll never be able to hit them all in Thailand. Krabi is great, and there are lots of obscure islands i never even bothered with. You can easily pay a few dollars a night for huts on the beach.

Then go north...see some jungle. Take a trek for a few days...You can rent scooters in every town for 4 bucks a day, just pick a direction and go. And when you get in a wreck, local drunks will help you gerryrig them, so you don't get in trouble when you get back to the rental place.

Right now it's the rainy season, but thats allright...it'll downpour for a little while, and then the day feels great.

If you end up going with Thailand, and want more ideas, just say so..I bought a plane ticket to go back the other day, so I've been nerding out over my old guide book remembering everything.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:23 PM

i think thialand is it! Where do you suggest going? Any traveling tips? This is my first real taste of traveling on my own.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:45 PM

Just bought a plane ticket to Thailand for 10 days. Meeting some friends that have been backpacking through Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos for the past month.

It's freaking hot out there right now, any suggestions on things to do? Not interested in the prostitution or anything out there(gonna be with an ex-flame and a couple other females for most of the time), mostly wanting to chill on the beaches, see some great scenery, eat some good food, and party.

How do I see a muy Thai match? Is the snorkeling/scuba diving worth the price? Any tours that are good? Any help appreciated.

DN