Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-15-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Suggestions for Prima Tournaments

Gotta hand it to Prima. They donate ~$75,000 to last night's WSOP finals and still manage to piss off 900 people. So, here are a few suggestions to keep this from happening again:

1) For the big tournaments (like say for example the WSOP Finals) start the players with a more reasonable amount of chips like 2000 or 2500.

2) Since your software is sooo slow, increase the levels by number of hands played instead of time.

3) Get off of dial-up!

Lost Wages
Old 12-15-2003, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for Prima Tournaments

I don't think the chip counts were nearly as big an issue as the fact that the lag was unbearable. All adding more chips would do would be drag out the misery for another couple hours.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:59 AM

I don't have a problem with 1500 chips to start out with, but I won't be playing the last round of WSOP qualifying there if they can't get a 1000 man tournament running without lagging out the entire site. One solution would be to go by hands, rather than timed, but I don't know if Prima's software can handle that.

Regardless, 10 minutes is too short even when everything is running smoothly, let alone when it takes 2 minutes to play a hand. This is no exaggeration, I started UTG, and by the time I paid my second BB, the levels had gone up twice! I suggest a minimum time of 20 minutes per level if they can't fix the lag, perhaps 25 for the first few rounds. After the first break, things seemed to speed up, but by then it was too late for most of us.

Prima, we don't want to play tournaments where those who get dealt premium hands in the first hour win! Please even the playing field. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with 1500 chips to start out with, but I won't be playing the last round of WSOP qualifying there if they can't get a 1000 man tournament running without lagging out the entire site. One solution would be to go by hands, rather than timed, but I don't know if Prima's software can handle that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going by hands is extremely frustrating. I remember that some poker site used to do things that way, and the waiting between hands was horrible.

I think it's not really likely that Prima can improve their systems before the next satellites. That is just bad, since the overlay was very nice.

- mongeron
Old 12-15-2003, 10:44 AM

After attempting to reply, I realized that increasing the blinds based on how many hands are played can't be accomplished without doing hand-for-hand play for the entire tournament, which is not an option. Curses.

More time then please Prima!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:57 AM

This is no exaggeration, I started UTG, and by the time I paid my second BB, the levels had gone up twice!

My second big blind (24th hand) was $150.

Lost Wages
Old 12-15-2003, 11:44 AM

Ladbrokes have a) more chips 1500 in the multies and b) more time 15 minutes in each level, using the same software as Prima, but they dont have the lag either nor overlay
Old 12-15-2003, 01:11 PM

They should think about this,

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=14&fpart=

as for the freerolls goes, esp if they aint going to improve their hardware anytime soon.