Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 09:15 AM

Default TGC Software Upgrade

Besides the easier-to-read lobby and the introduction of a 4-color-deck option, is there anything else new in today's software upgrade?

BB
Old 11-26-2003, 10:41 AM

Default Re: TGC Software Upgrade

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the easier-to-read lobby and the introduction of a 4-color-deck option, is there anything else new in today's software upgrade?

[/ QUOTE ]
Darn ... we were going to post about this but you you beat us to it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Most of the changes are relatively minor, altho there are some significant bug fixes as well. This release was aimed at getting a couple of important bug issues out of the way, but other small items were tossed in at the same time since many of them were quick and easy to do. The result is a reasonably lengthy list.

We're well aware that there's still a lot of work to be done. The significant interface issues such as size and location of option / action buttons and bet slider for NL / PL, as well as comprehensive hand histories, are still being worked on (there's likely to be another upgrade before the end of the year, but we can't promise what will be in it; major interface changes are unlikely tho).

Even tho it's not everything that needs doing, hopefully what you'll see below at least goes some way towards proving our responsiveness to the issues that have been raised here and elsewhere.

Finally, we're of course all ears if anyone discovers anything that doesn't work as advertised. Any other comments / criticisms appreciated as always.

Here's the detail:

--- Bug fixes and related:

1. The bug that led to players having to play multiple blinds after being moved tables in a tourney has now been fixed. Players moved to a position between the dealer and the small blind must sit out until the dealer button has passed them.

2. Also fixed is the bug that resulted in blind values changing in the middle of a hand in a tourney if the tourney level changed while a hand was underway.

3. When a tourney guarantee has not been met, until now the winners have had to be manually credited the next day. This has now been fixed and winners will receive the full amount immediately.

4. There was an intermittent (rare) bug in which, following the end of a tourney rest break, a player might not see their cards. This has now been fixed.

5. The problem of time to start of tournament in the tournament lobby (i.e. time to start wasn't always accurate) has been fixed.

6. Previously, when you made a bet your chips would be shown on the table immediately, and if your connection timed out (i.e. before the server was notified of your bet) and your hand was auto-folded then there would be some confusion as to what really happened. Now your chips will only be shown on the table once confirmation has been received from the server that your bet has been received.

7. An internal logging system has been incorporated to record certain info relating to the state of the poker software at any point in time. This will help diagnose any future bugs that arise, since we will be able to call for the log file to be sent to us in order to help diagnose the problem.

--- Other:

1. Mouse over the pot or someone's bet and you'll see a box showing how much is in the pot / being bet

2. Game / tourney lists show alternate lines in different colors for easier reading

3. Click on MENU / OPTIONS / POKER TABLE OPTIONS to choose 4 color deck.

4. Check/fold button has been added as an advance play option for when you're sitting in the blinds.

5. Complaints were received that when players went all-in with big stacks then the chip stacks were too close together -- this has been fixed by ... *drumroll* ... moving them further apart.

6. Times to next limit level and amounts thereof are now shown in the lobby for each tournament.

7. In a tourney, a popup box now shows when you're moved to a new table, how much longer to end of break, etc (previously this info was shown in the chat window)
Old 11-26-2003, 11:38 AM

Here's something that "bugs" me. I'll put myself on a waiting list at two tables 1/2 .5/1 and when I get onto one table I never here that the other table is ready. It's like I'm taken off all lists once I'm playing. User error???

Also - why even bother with the hand history! It's a horrible interface and I don't have a clue how to get hands to pop up. I'm normally so many clicks in I'm not sure which one got me to where I wanted to go.

Otherwise - great job! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 11:42 AM

Kudos for the fixes.

4. There was an intermittent (rare) bug in which, following the end of a tourney rest break, a player might not see their cards. This has now been fixed.

This happened to me last weekend. After tearing my hair out for a few hands, I shut down the software and restarted it which fixed the problem. Fortunately it didn't affect my results so, no, I'm not begging for $$$ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

When I signed up for you site I had planned on just clearing the RAF bonus and taking off [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. However, I've liked the tournaments and promotions (read freerolls) so much that I'm going to stay.

Lost Wages
Old 11-26-2003, 12:07 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any other comments / criticisms appreciated as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job on the changes. One request I haven't heard is for a deposit/cashout history button. It's no substitute for my comprehensive notes ( [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ), but I like the history feature on Empire where I can see my deposits/cashouts/bonuses "at a glance"
Old 11-26-2003, 12:47 PM

Isn't that what you get under Cash Check?
Old 11-26-2003, 02:25 PM

All,

Thanks for the feedback. A few quick responses:

[ QUOTE ]

Webster
Here's something that "bugs" me. I'll put myself on a waiting list at two tables 1/2 .5/1 and when I get onto one table I never here that the other table is ready. It's like I'm taken off all lists once I'm playing. User error???

[/ QUOTE ]
Known issue, and we agree it's irritating. Unfortunately some techie thought that preventing clogged up waiting lists was more important that giving customers what they want (i.e. ability to wait for and play multiple tables at a time). Have spoken with Prima about this, hopefully we can see it fixed in the near future.

[ QUOTE ]

Also - why even bother with the hand history! It's a horrible interface and I don't have a clue how to get hands to pop up. I'm normally so many clicks in I'm not sure which one got me to where I wanted to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, we've taken a whupping on this one. This is unfortunately what you get when you ask a techie and a creative designer to come up with a snazzy way of showing hand histories --- in theory it looks good (if you're not a poker player that is), but in practice it don't work. New and improved interface and export facility in development (i.e. less flash, more substance, easier to use)

[ QUOTE ]

Otherwise - great job! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks -- we'll ignore the smirk and pretend you meant it without any trace of tongue in cheek [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages
When I signed up for you site I had planned on just clearing the RAF bonus and taking off . However, I've liked the tournaments and promotions (read freerolls) so much that I'm going to stay.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks LW, we're glad to hear this. We fully expected a bunch of people to take the money and run, so it's always a pleasant surprise to find out otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]

Lori
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lori, we remember you asking about this long ago. On this forum, you're a real rose among the thorns, so making you happy really makes our day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

itsmarty
Nice job on the changes. One request I haven't heard is for a deposit/cashout history button. It's no substitute for my comprehensive notes, but I like the history feature on Empire where I can see my deposits/cashouts/bonuses "at a glance"
Sherriff
Isn't that what you get under Cash Check?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sherriff, you're partly right, except CashCheck doesn't show bonuses (only purchases and cashouts).

To see bonuses, use PlayCheck. Note that while CashCheck keeps data available pretty much forever, PlayCheck only shows the past couple of weeks since the transaction volumes are so much higher. If you want data that goes back further than that then either email our support desk or PM us here and we'll get it emailed to you.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yup, we've taken a whupping on this one. This is unfortunately what you get when you ask a techie and a creative designer to come up with a snazzy way of showing hand histories --- in theory it looks good (if you're not a poker player that is), but in practice it don't work. New and improved interface and export facility in development (i.e. less flash, more substance, easier to use)

[/ QUOTE ]

please, Please, PLEASE make them similar to Paradise, Party and Stars hand histories so the author of PokerTracker can write a patch to allow us to import TGC hand histories into his software. Thanks much.

BB
Old 11-26-2003, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're well aware that there's still a lot of work to be done. The significant interface issues such as size and location of option / action buttons and bet slider for NL / PL,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is being looked at already, but the ablility to bet amounts that aren't increments of the blinds would be nice for PL/NL play.