Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 10-15-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Toledo, OH irony

Does anyone else find it ironic that a planned neo-Nazi rally in Toledo, OH against "black crime" prompted angry African Americans to riot not only against the marchers but also against police and to loot at least one grocery store?

Wouldn't this be like Catholic priests responding to a child abuse protest by walking outside with altar boys and molesting them as the cameras and public watched?

Maybe ironic isn't the right word...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Toledo, OH irony

Its all a bunch of redneck uneducated bullshit. Anybody involved on any side of this should be killed.

Indy
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 PM

If I were a Black person I think I'd take serious offense at this.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its all a bunch of redneck uneducated bullshit. Anybody involved on any side of this should be killed.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I am considered by many to be a redneck (cracker, etc.), but I think you're onta sumthin heah!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
prompted angry African Americans to riot not only against the marchers but also against police and to loot at least one grocery store

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you saw this, but they also were showing footage of these black counter-protesters throwing rocks and things at an ambulance. It was extremely violent and I'm sure these ambulence workers feared for their lives. The irony, as you pointed out, is that these Nazis will probably double their membership because of how these black protesters acted.

Idiots all around. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 12:28 AM

Yeah that's the sad thing. Of course the actions of a few don't reflect the actions of the many but that is some really bad public relations there. And no doubt folks inclined to think negatively of blacks only have this view reinforced.

Counterdemonstrators are supposed to attack the demonstrators if anyone.

Wouldn't have minded seeing some neo-Nazis getting beat down.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you saw this, but they also were showing footage of these black counter-protesters throwing rocks and things at an ambulance. It was extremely violent and I'm sure these ambulence workers feared for their lives. The irony, as you pointed out, is that these Nazis will probably double their membership because of how these black protesters acted.

Idiots all around. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 10:58 AM

I prefer the next level of irony. The NN's protest that blacks are too violent, show this as evidence, when the NN's provoked this in the first place. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 02:05 PM

Default American Blacks vs AFRICAN Blacks

Does anyone else find it ironic that a planned neo-Nazi rally in Toledo, OH against "black crime" prompted angry African Americans to riot not only against the marchers but also against police and to loot at least one grocery store?
Wouldn't this be like Catholic priests responding to a child abuse protest by walking outside with altar boys and molesting them as the cameras and public watched?
LOL!.........Yeah it is ironic and funny. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
This was the neo-nazi DREAM scenario. The neo-nazis got lots of TV Time while the black "protestors" acted like a bunch of lawless thugs that the Nazis said they were.

It is common knowledge that AMERICAN blacks commit a lion share of the crime in the USA. And I emphasize the adjective AMERICAN. Chris Rock has a comedy routine where he says if you ever get lost and find yourself on MLK Blvd.....RUN!!! RUN for your life!!! Jesse Jackson once told a story where he heard young teenage voices behind him and turned around in fear only to be relieved when he realized the teenagers were white.

I took some classes at a local Jr College and the American Blacks would hang out in the commons area in one big clique while the African Blacks (Kenya, Tanzania, Cameroon, etc...) never spent time with them. The African blacks were working hard studying in the library while the American blacks screwed off in the commons. The African blacks acted 'white' by studying and working hard while American blacks sluffed off, trying to look cool and tough wearing their gangsta rap gear. I'm sure their grades reflected their efforts.... The AFRICAN blacks that I went to school with will get hired and live the American dream while the lazy American 'gangsta' blacks will flunk out and get arrested for throwing rocks and ambulance drivers......But at least they will look 'cool' as they get arrested.

I noticed that I NEVER saw the African blacks hanging out with the American blacks. It was as if the African blacks look down upon the American Blacks... In hindsight I wish I had asked some of my African black acquainances, why this was the case.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: American Blacks vs AFRICAN Blacks

I think it's important to note that blacks at a junior college don't represent the population at large. I know plenty of black guys who took their education and future seriously.

Like any race there are good and bad apples....and their environment certainly affects the ratio. No doubt many blacks have given up on moving up the ladder because they believe the world is against them.