Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker discriminating players.

Average starting stack 1142.25

MSS 1700
_2000flushes... 2000

Lori
Old 04-17-2004, 04:47 PM

I say go ahead and leave Party, the more non 2+2ers there the better.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:08 PM

Hi Lori,

Yes, the average stack seems quite small, anyway there was no way to find that out before the tournament, so this extra chips idea is still as braindead as before.

I've contributed over 15k in rake to Party playing tournaments. I find it quite amusing that players playing smallest limits at Party are more valued than my tournament play. Well, it's their business, it's not my problem how they ruin it.

- mongeron
Old 04-17-2004, 08:14 PM

Since you already closed your account, why are you still whining about the chips deal? Like its been said REPEATEDLY, if you had wanted to play, you could've done what everyone else did and play some raked hands. Hell, you could've played 3000 to 10000 raked hands of .5/1 hold 'em and gotten your chips. Get over it.

-Edge
Old 04-17-2004, 08:22 PM

"I find it quite amusing that players playing smallest limits at Party are more valued than my tournament play."

i find it quite amusing that you are this upset about it.

since you knew the rules ahead of time and were aware of how to earn extra chips it was up to you to decide whether you wanted to play a little bit of limit hold-em to make this a +ev event for you.

i honestly don't see what the big freakling deal is
Old 04-17-2004, 08:30 PM

Hi there,

The point is, playing those hands would have been wasting money for me. There is no such game at Party where I can have the same hourly rate as in other places.

If it's fine to you that 600+40 tournament costs you something else than that, then there should be no problem for you.

However, I think that is totally wrong, and I'm just trying to make the point.

You don't have to read my posts if you find them so irritating.

- mongeron
Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM

Hi,

It's the principle of doing the wrong thing that makes me annoyed. And I'm not the only one.

- mongeron
Old 04-17-2004, 08:49 PM

What's so wrong about it? They made the offer available to everyone. They shouldn't have to cater to your SPECIFIC wants when they made it so very clear what could be done. It then became your choice as to what line to take. So instead of just deciding not to play, or even sucking it up and playing a little bit of LHE for a while, you've chosen to put up this big freaking fuss about it all. Well, I've got the world's smallest violin, and its playing just for you. If you're making as much as you make it sound like by playing your big PLO games, I'm fairly certain you could've afforded a small break to play some LHE. But I guess that wasn't plausible, since your "hourly rate" would suffer so badly.

-Edge
Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 PM

Hello,

The whole concept is wrong, that is my opinion. Everybody buying in into a tournament should get equal amount of chips.

Also, they did not mention anything about this at the most obvious place where it should have been mentioned, that is the tournament lobby. So, there are several players who entered in this tournament without knowing about extra chips.

- mongeron
Old 04-17-2004, 10:07 PM

but you're original point wasn't that it was unfair to other players who weren't informed.
your point was that it was unfair to you because the rules didn't happen to coincide with the games you lpay the most on party.

if you want to argue that it's unfair because other players weren't properly informed and they have reason to be upset then i can buy that (maybe....i didnt look at the lobby and don't really know too many details, i thought they had sent e-mails about this tourney).

but regarding your opposition to tournaments where players start with a different number of chips....
it's not like there's a shortage of tournaments for you. just play in the tourneys where everyone starts with the same number of chips (which accounts for over 99% of the tourneys out there).

this is like saying that stars should never-ever run a $100 multi 7-card stud hi-lo tourney because you don't like to play stud hi-lo and even if you did you don't like to play in tourneys with an EF of $100.

if you don't like the tourney then simply don't play in it.

boycotting a site where you are profitable over something like 'i dont like the way ran this tourney that i really wanted to play in' is absolutely idiotic.

maybe i should complain that i really really wanted to play in their $600 tourney but i'm upset because i couldn't possibly afford an EF that large and thus they were discriminating against lower income players like me.