Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: SnG Challenge, Week 1

Thought I'd add my results since I've played quite a few (all NL listed)

$30 - $10 per tourney, over 1000 SNGs
$50 - $15 per tourney, over 300 SNGs
Old 01-12-2004, 06:01 PM

I think you have a very good 30SNG sample with very good results (how many tournies's an hour?).

Ok. here is more results from way back at Paradise. These were played all limit.

50 - 108 played, 7.96 per
100 - 218 played, 5.83 per.

Of course these were not Party. I think Party was just starting out then. If I can make 15 per I'll be happy.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:38 PM

At the beginning, one at a time. Then two, now three at a time. The win rate hasn't really taken a hit at all, but the decisions are a lot easier now than when I first started.

I do stagger them a little (shorthanded on 3 tables can be nuts) and can squeeze in close to 4 per hour at the $50 level.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:33 PM

Dealt to TaintedJack [ Td, Kc ]
outfitters folds.
Namplaa folds.
twptman raises (600) to 800
TaintedJack raises (800) to 1200 I feel I have the best hand and position with plans to bet flop if checked to and only spend my last $800 if I have top pair after that

This is a debateable play and I've been giving it a lot of thought. Considering that you're the BB and he's raising from the SB, you probably are ahead. But unless he's specifically holding Kx, you're either behind or not ahead by much. I would probably just call the raise.

By just calling, this makes you much more susceptable to a bluff bet on the flop, but I think it's worth it. You still have 1600 chips left if you completely miss.

Another thing to consider is if the flop comes 8-high, will he call down with any ace? If so, that should influence your preflop/flop play.

It's close, but I think I would just call preflop.

Cup
Old 01-12-2004, 08:16 PM

First, I'm not happy with my play.

I am leaning towards fold to his first raise due to the near certainty of locking up 20% of the prize pool with a fold. In my heart of hearts I'm a weak-tight and I'm struggling to change with meetings and regular injections of something from Brazil. I went with reraise thinking that I could shock a big stack, but a closet tight guy, back to his true colors.

As it turned out he had me dominated preflop and I also failed to return him to tight-guy mode with my flop bet if he missed the flop.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-12-2004, 08:50 PM

Thanks Cup for the very nice post.

I can tell something about my experiences in sit&go NL tournaments. I have been playing them for for about 3 months now. My results can be seen in the following picture.

The text is in finnish, the picture is a screen capture from a program my friend has made for online poker bookkeeping.

So, the total number of tournaments is 652, and there has been 237 winning results, 36% of them.

I'm up about 9100, and my hourly rate is 24.52. This includes buy-ins from $50 to $200.

I had a bad run and I played badly during december. Now, when I feel better of my playing since the start of the year, I've made $8800 since the year's start. My rate has been $70/h and winning percentage 42%, 85 wins out of 203.

And yes Cup, I'm at least one of those who complains about having entered a Limit Hold'em tournament instead of NL. Well, I'm about even for those two mistakes, I lost the other one and I was 3rd in the other one.

I have also observed the same things as you in the players in these limits. There are certainly many bad players still on these levels. On $100 level, I still see many times ace-rags calling their stacks all-in against my AK and so on.

Personally I like sit&go tournaments most.

- mongeron
Old 01-12-2004, 10:29 PM

"85 wins out of 203"

Let me speak for many posters here. We hate you.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-12-2004, 10:36 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
"85 wins out of 203"

Let me speak for many posters here. We hate you.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

And we put it mildly...
Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 PM

You asked about streaks, they can be brutal. I'm no pro, but I hold my own. last 18, a second and a third. And thats freakin 10+1. This year i've already broke and re-broke my losing streak record and thats before my current dead money bender. After my 0-2 tonight I'm up $4 in 96 sng's for the year.

I did have a decent 1,1,2,2,1,1 run in the fall though.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:33 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for week two. Either that or an update on how your Vegas bachelor party went [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Martin