Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Re: TGC Software Upgrade

[ QUOTE ]
I don't suppose there's any chance we'll be able to grab histories of hands played before the new rollout, is there? We zooers have already played hundreds, if not thousands, of hands at TGC we'd love to include in our PT database.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I've been hoping would happen as well.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:52 AM

I looked at the bug fixes list, and I didn't see the issue that was changed at Royal Vegas Poker, which I mentioned here:

Microgaming client changes

So, my question is, does Royal Vegas Poker get different versions of the software updates, or did you miss this in your list?

I haven't opened the Gaming Club software yet, actually I could have done it yesterday when I wrote the post about Royal Vegas Poker.

- mongeron
Old 11-28-2003, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BigBluffer
I don't suppose there's any chance we'll be able to grab histories of hands played before the new rollout, is there? We zooers have already played hundreds, if not thousands, of hands at TGC we'd love to include in our PT database.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the initial release you will unfortunately be limited to the past couple of weeks. Due to the obviously heavy data volumes, data older than that is moved to an archive server, so it's still available, but the hand history software won't be able to access that data in real-time for the initial release.

We've already spoken to Prima about making the archive data available too, and we'll report back on this when we have feedback.

[ QUOTE ]

mongeron
I looked at the bug fixes list, and I didn't see the issue that was changed at Royal Vegas Poker
So, my question is, does Royal Vegas Poker get different versions of the software updates, or did you miss this in your list?

[/ QUOTE ]
We were offered the same update as a "quick fix" while a properly revamped interface is being worked on, but we declined because the changes offered didn't really solve the problems that have been raised.

For example, the advance action buttons remain too small, and the bet slider hasn't really changed at all.

The main reason we declined this "upgrade", however, was that we felt the same way as you about the moving of the main action buttons:

[ QUOTE ]

The buttons appear over the table, I don't think it's better than the earlier placement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the advance action buttons remain where they were previously (i.e. bottom right corner of the screen), the player has to continuously move their mouse back and forth if they want to use both sets of buttons. This just seemed way to irritating to us.

As far as we are aware, the motivation for this change came from RV themselves, i.e. it wasn't Prima's idea, and we believe that Prima had the sames misgivings about this change as we did, but they agreed to do it since it was a small job to pull off.

We've been in quite involved discussion with them concerning how the software should change, which we hope will lead to far more than just superficial changes like this. It won't be quick unfortunately, but we're hoping to be able to bring something out in Q1 of next year.

btw, as far as we are aware the moving of the buttons is the only difference between our upgrade and RV's.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:42 PM

I finally opened the Gaming Club client, and I saw that it's not similar to Royal Vegas. The buttons are OK at Gaming Club. So it seems that there are different versions of the client for different Prima sites.

- mongeron
Old 11-29-2003, 09:36 PM

Since you folks are still getting things put in order, I would like to put in my 2 cents worth on a subject that bugs me to heck.

Make the players play their hands in a timely manner. I would be delighted to have an 7 or 8 second limit to play your hand or it is automatically folded.

There are some players that can play multiple tables and not hold up everybody else. But a large number of these players cause delay after delay playing multiple tables.

The rest of the players sit and wait for 20-30 seconds just to see some moron fold.

This is annoying, rude, and arrogant.

What is in it for you? I would suppose having more hands played at a table would result in more rake. ( what say you? )

What is in it for us? A faster smoother game with more hands per hour.

I would like to hear what some of the more experienced players think.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2003, 11:53 PM

It will be hard to get the seconds timer down much more than it currently is because of the frequent internet delays.

I have some friends who are quite new to internet poker, and they tend to use more time to think before a decision (unless it is a clear fold) than I use per decision playing multiple tables. (guess i'm not thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

They should be allowed to think more than 7-8 seconds.
If you have someone abusing the current levels of allowed time, contact the site's support and they should contact the player in question which will usually kick his rear into gear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Can you believe that I timed out on my hand whilst writing this!!! j/k [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2003, 12:30 AM

In the early days of the Primapoker software the action buttons were on middle the table and i hope they never return there couse it really s**ked.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:23 PM

Havabanana,

You make a good point. However, I neglected to include the notion of a "time" button if someone genuinely needs to think. This would still ensure that a player is paying attention, but would allow the newer player a chance to ponder.

I'm just getting tired of waiting on jerks who I know are playing multiple tables and having no regard to making the other folks wait.

And.. I guess I feel that if your connection requires more than 8 sec, get a new connection. It is pretty rare the the connection is THAT bad.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:21 PM

What about the following crash (freeze)?

Already playing a table and also on a waiting list for another.

A seat opens up. The table loading window comes and it freezes.

This had been mentioned in this forum. Is this also fixed?

Sam