Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Meta-Analysis Reminder/Update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shh, you've made me go on another downswing now. Damn you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a serious point here - Irie, have you considered Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please enlighten me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Heisenberg formula itself is highly technical, but a more general principle is that:

"The act of observing an object changes the behavior of that object."

A tragic example is when the writer Jon Krakauer went on an Everest climb *and told everyone there he was writing a book about it*.

The professional guides whose living depended on getting people to the top *may* have made a marginal decision to attempt the summit *because* they were being observed more intensely than usual.

Of course, it ended up that a bunch of people died.

The implication here is that the subjects in Irieguy's experiment may be trying to impress him, playing a different style than usual, and therefore the Abominable Snowman is getting them.

Irieguy was smart to promise to keep the results anonymous, but he will still know... and the pros might feel they let the group down somehow by contribuing their crappy results... which might make them go on tilt during a bad run to "catch up"... which might lead to even worse results.

Not saying any of this is true, but it's certainly possible.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:56 PM

or they want to play really well so they're paying especially close attention to how they play and are avoinding FPS.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can definately drag your results down some if you want them, but I will have less than 500, somewhere around 400.

I'm not sure if i'm on the list, so it's your call.

My results where also heavily influenced by my playing like crap lately due largely to my meds going ineffective on me, and me putting off going to see the dam doc for a month too long (way, way, WAY too long)

Good news is the higher dose seems to be working, and I will be able to provide a negative sample if you want it, thus restoring your faith in people's willingness to embarrass themselves. True, that public service is not worth the $8000+ I'm down this month, but it's something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for another final week comeback? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a serious point here - Irie, have you considered Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please enlighten me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Heisenberg formula itself is highly technical, but a more general principle is that:

A tragic example is when the writer Jon Krakauer went on an Everest climb *and told everyone there he was writing a book about it*.

The professional guides whose living depended on getting people to the top *may* have made a marginal decision to attempt the summit *because* they were being observed more intensely than usual.

The implication here is that the subjects in Irieguy's experiment may be trying to impress him, playing a different style than usual, and therefore the Abominable Snowman is getting them.

Irieguy was smart to promise to keep the results anonymous, but he will still know... and the pros might feel they let the group down somehow by contribuing their crappy results... which might make them go on tilt during a bad run to "catch up"... which might lead to even worse results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression he just wanted results... I don't think he is intending anyone to send him HH's which you seem to be thinking.

Irie- I have stopped multitabling STTs for some time now (playing all cash and mtts, higher stts), I have data from a few steps and higher steps and some 555s on stars do you want those?

I also have about 400 215s recorded from around the start time of your experiment, I'll double check the date on them.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:08 PM

not likely. Most of that 8k is from mtt's. I'm demoralized to the point I'm gonna 8 tables 55's 50 hours a week till I've regrouped. I desperately need a low risk high return activity right now. It's leather ass, pay the rent time....
Old 12-22-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please enlighten me?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression he just wanted results... I don't think he is intending anyone to send him HH's which you seem to be thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... nobody said anything about HH. Simply reporting results could easily create potential distortions to someone's play. Maybe not yours, but someone's.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

luckily i'm taking a break for the holidays or I would be scared too. immediately after signing up I went on my first ever 50 buy in downswing. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Time is up!

Ok, just in case anybody missed their PM or forgot, or whatever...

If you agreed to participate in the meta-analysis by sending me your "I agree" PM, it is time to submit your results.

The sooner I get all of the individual results, the sooner I can post the combined results, which should be tens of thousands of SNGs.

Thank you all,

Irieguy
Old 12-26-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Time is up!

I'm out of town. I'll get it in tomorrow night if I get the chance.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Time is up!

well, i'm still not sure if I was "in" or "out". If you want them, send instructions