Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-10-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Looking for UB Players

Welcome to the Scotty O's Poker Challenge (SOPC). The objective is not to win just the prize money, but it is to be crowned the best all-around player at the end of the year. Players will be awarded points depending on their place finished. The player at the end of the year will be crowned the Player of the Year.

The Tournaments will take place online at Ultimatebet. Standard tourney's are 20+2 and rebuy events are 10+1. The championship event is a 50+5. The plan is to have the tournament every 2 weeks during 2006. The tournament will start at 8 PM EST on Sunday's.

I have attached the schedule below. If you would like to get more info on the tournaments, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Scotty O

01/01/06 NO TOURNEY HOLIDAY
01/15/06 No Limit Hold'em
01/29/06 Pot Limit Omaha w/Rebuys
02/12/06 No Limit Hold'em
02/26/06 Pot Limit Omaha 8/B w/Rebuys
03/12/06 No Limit Hold'em
03/26/06 Limit 7 Stud
04/09/06 No Limit Hold'em
04/23/06 Limit 7 Stud 8/B
05/07/06 No Limit Hold'em
05/21/06 Pot Limit Omaha 8/B w/Rebuys
06/04/06 No Limit Hold'em
06/18/06 No Limit Hold'em 6/Seated
07/02/06 NO TOURNEY HOLIDAY
07/16/06 Pot Limit Omaha w/Rebuys
07/30/06 No Limit Hold'em
08/13/06 Pot Limit Omaha 8/B w/Rebuys
08/27/06 No Limit Hold'em
09/10/06 Limit 7 Stud
09/24/06 No Limit Hold'em
10/08/06 Limit 7 Stud 8/B
10/22/06 No Limit Hold'em
11/05/06 Pot Limit Omaha 8/B w/Rebuys
11/19/06 No Limit Hold'em
12/03/06 No Limit Hold'em 6/Seated
12/17/06 No Limit Hold'em (championship event 50+5)
12/31/06 NO TOURNEY HOLIDAY

Disclaimer: I do not in anyway make money from these events.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Looking for UB Players

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: I do not in anyway make money from these events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you won't do very well then, huh?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Looking for UB Players

[ QUOTE ]

I guess you won't do very well then, huh?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK you got me there!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Looking for UB Players (I just upped the ante)

I guess I am bumping this. I have decided to up the ante (no pun intended). I plan on putting up some of my own $$$ to give to champion for the 2006 tournament series. I will give at least $50 to the overall point leader after the last tourney next year in December (A little X-mass gift you might think). This amount may go up depending depending how I do next year, but it will not go down. If you are interested in the details, PM me and I will be glad to point you to the information you need.

Scotty O

Keep in mind: I do not in anyway make money from these events (unless I place in the money of course!!!)
Old 12-17-2005, 06:24 PM

so these are private tourneys for 2+2'ers only??

You do realize we already do something almost exactly like this on Stars called King of the Zoo, right?

I don't see a huge problem if you want to do your own. Just thought I'd mention in case you didn't know that we already do this (although yours might not be a 2+2'er only type of thing....it's unclear).
Old 12-17-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so these are private tourneys for 2+2'ers only??

You do realize we already do something almost exactly like this on Stars called King of the Zoo, right?

I don't see a huge problem if you want to do your own. Just thought I'd mention in case you didn't know that we already do this (although yours might not be a 2+2'er only type of thing....it's unclear).

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this King of the Zoo of which you speak?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am bumping this. I have decided to up the ante (no pun intended). I plan on putting up some of my own $$$ to give to champion for the 2006 tournament series. I will give at least $50 to the overall point leader after the last tourney next year in December (A little X-mass gift you might think). This amount may go up depending depending how I do next year, but it will not go down. If you are interested in the details, PM me and I will be glad to point you to the information you need.

Scotty O

Keep in mind: I do not in anyway make money from these events (unless I place in the money of course!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me more about this championship.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:08 PM

don't ask your question in the middle of a quote as it's kind of hard to see.
I did somehow see it though so i'll answer.

KOTZ is mentioned in the internet-forum FAQ's.

You can just do a search for any thread here with KOTZ in it and you'll get an idea.

The 2005 championship was held this past Thursday night and there was a thread on that too.

The thing is run by emarkm and is a series of private tournament on pokerstars for 2+2'ers run by emarkm.
We have a tourney every 3rd Thursday (although sometimes it's only 2 weeks between tourneys...but it's usually 3).

emarkm just came out with the schedule for next year and it's on his website.

If you want to take part in the next KOTZ you need to PM emarkm and ask for the password. If you give him your e-mail he'll put you on the list and you'll get the password prior to each tourney (which also serves as a reminder that another KOTZ event is coming up).

you can play in how ever many tourneys you want...just one if that's all you want.
For those who play more of them you can acquire points based on your finishes in the tourneys. 1st place and 2nd place at the end of the year are given nice trophies and the champ is the reigning King of the Zoo for the next year (except in the case of our first champion, Lorinda, who was Queen of the Zoo).

Most of the events are hold-em...but we mix it up for fun.
NLHE, PLHE, LHE, 7-card-stud, PLO. and this year evidently there will be a HORSE event too.
There's nothing to worry about if you don't know much about 7-stud or PLO when that's the KOTZ event...because most of your opponents won't know either. I find those to be actually more fun...a bunch of 2+2'ers trying to play this weird game where we all pretty much suck.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't ask your question in the middle of a quote as it's kind of hard to see.
I did somehow see it though so i'll answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, editted it. Guess I should actually preview my posts!!

Thanks for the info. Would be interested in playing in the odd event. Might be fun playing some of the other games!!!

Thanks again!

JR
Old 12-17-2005, 07:37 PM

I know about the King of The Zoo, but thats held on Stars. I actually closed my account with them. I solely play on UB now. I just like their software, look and feel of the site the most.

I was planning on playing a home game with friends at the beginning of the year. It was determined to be too much to get together often enough. So I asked UB about the private tourneys and they said it would be easy to set up.

It's not as easy, because there is no password to just sign up, I have to email them the list, and they do the rest.

It is a little bit of work for me, but I like to run them.

I figured there may be some UB players here that might be interested and I could generate a new base of players.

I am targetting about 20+ players for this tourney. So I decided to put up some of my $$$ for the tourney.

So if you play on UB and want in, just let me know.

Scotty O