Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: God As He Moves Across The Face Of Internet Touranments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So nobody knows and those who might won't, nor should they, share.

Brilliant.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a bunch of problems with answering this question. First, MTTs vary greatly in size and structure. Second, MTTs have huge variance, so you need a ridiculously large sample size of MTTs to get reliable numbers. Third, combine problems one and two, and you see that you need a ridiculously large sample size of similarly structured and sized MTTs, which is really hard to come by.

Really rough numbers (i.e., within maybe a factor of 4) are 100% ROI and 15% ITM.

FT% and win% are totally bogus statistics because FTing a 9000 person MTT 1/10 times'd be amazing, while FTing a 50 person MTT 1/10 times'd be pretty pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reply makes the most sense out of it. Thanks for taking the time. I have similar ideas. What it boils down to, I guess, is that entering these things should have the same expectation as flushing $100 bills down the toilet. If you can afford to, great, you can, but if you can't you shouldn't. By the time you know it was a bad idea, it's going to be way too late anyway.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm... no. I've met very few people who flush bills down the toilet professionally and most of them have quit by now saying that the myths of easy wealth are bull.