Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 10:14 PM

Default QQ capped

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3179544735 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="red">Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, CO <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, Button calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls,

Flop: (16.50 SB) <font color="green">5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG+1 checks, CO <font color="green">bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+1 calls,

Turn: (9.75 BB) <font color="green">K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, CO <font color="green">bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls,

River: (12.75 BB) <font color="red">5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results below:
CO has Qd 4h (two pairs kings and fives).
Button has As 6s (two pairs kings and sixes).
UTG+1 has Js Jd (two pairs kings and jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 15.75 BB.

Couldnt see how I was ahead after the PF action
Old 12-10-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: QQ capped

You didn't give yourself a chance to find out if you were behind. By checking the flop with intention to folding you can't really gather anything else from the hand and your basically handing a very large pot to the rest of them without a fight. Alot of this is gonna be read dependent in this case.

On a sidenote maybe it would be better not to provide stats or other cards in the hand since were only concerned with the flop. Might scew the responses a little
Old 12-10-2005, 10:21 PM

Keep in mind that you capped pre-flop. Against a 3-better and a capper, yes, this board is very dangerous. However, you're facing an opener and a 3-bettor. Plus, you have a backdoor flush draw, so I am definitely seeing the turn for one bet.

Scott
Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 AM

There is no reason to think you're ahead based on the PF action....... but you are actually getting decent odds 18.5 : 1 to hit a set and once the turn pairs the board I give them less credit for a K but it still doesn't make it much better... because AA and/or AK are the hands you are likely against... Although I think you should lead out on the flop and fold to a raise and shut down to a call... based on the fact that you're representing at worst AK.. possibly AA..

based on the PF action and what you hold I would assume there are 2 or 3 AAs out in someones hand... that gives your back door flush draw little value.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 AM

oops didnt realize I posted the results. UTG+1 was typical, CO was 70/.6/.5 but for whatever reason this hand he decided to be a maniac reraising with Q4o. How could I possibly guess that. But you all are right I should have bet at least.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3179544735 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="red">Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, 4 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, CO <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, Button calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls,

Flop: (16.50 SB) <font color="green">5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (4 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG+1 checks, CO <font color="green">bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+1 calls,

Turn: (9.75 BB) <font color="green">K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)

River: (12.75 BB) <font color="red">5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results below:
CO has Qd 4h (two pairs kings and fives).
Button has As 6s (two pairs kings and sixes).
UTG+1 has Js Jd (two pairs kings and jacks).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 15.75 BB.

Couldnt see how I was ahead after the PF action

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually bet the flop, if it's raised, and only 1 back to me, I'm calling. I am hoping to hit a Q, or a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Once the turn pairs the K, I'm even more inclided to believe I'm ahead. I'm usually c/calling unless any street goes bet/raise to me.

This is a pretty weak fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:24 PM

I think in a pot this big, we need to at least take a stab on the flop. This realistically could be AQ/AJ/AT and an underpair so I don't think we can assume you're behind on the flop. I'd call 1 bet back to me for backdoor/set outs.