Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

benihana,

Thank you for the compliment, that was my first time attempting such a "complex" mathematical analysis on the forums, glad to see it benefited someone! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ironically, I was the PMer that Wookie is referring to ,[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] and I feel that there are a lot of hands being posted and not much being said to any one of them in particular; I also agree with Wookie that some of these hands are probably only being posted because this thread is dedicated to them, and that normally people would not regard them as being "2+2-worthy".

What does everyone else think? Again I also mean no disrespect to jaxup (i hope thats the correct OP LOL) but I think this thread should be locked and that boats+++ (that are worthy of discussion) should be posted in their own threads to get the attention they deserve.

Best wishes,
Steve

p.s. I'm a little drunk, hope that was coherent. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
benihana,

Thank you for the compliment, that was my first time attempting such a "complex" mathematical analysis on the forums, glad to see it benefited someone! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ironically, I was the PMer that Wookie is referring to ,[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] and I feel that there are a lot of hands being posted and not much being said to any one of them in particular; I also agree with Wookie that some of these hands are probably only being posted because this thread is dedicated to them, and that normally people would not regard them as being "2+2-worthy".

What does everyone else think? Again I also mean no disrespect to jaxup (i hope thats the correct OP LOL) but I think this thread should be locked and that boats+++ (that are worthy of discussion) should be posted in their own threads to get the attention they deserve.

Best wishes,
Steve

p.s. I'm a little drunk, hope that was coherent. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a drnk post, that was pretty good. See shadow's post in the 2+2 table thread for a comparison.

I agree that some of these hands would not normally be posted. I also think that some of them are not getting the attention they deserve. I do think that the forum has been a bit worse since the split however. This is probably because of a lack of veterans who have moved to SSSH full time (or almost full time). Has anybody else thought this? If so, what can we do about it?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:37 AM

I play exclusively 6-max, and I would rather stay here than change forums. I think there is a lot of great discussion that is fueled by our passion for the game rather than the stakes we play at; it seems similar to college vs. NFL football, if that makes sense. Most of us are 0.50/1.00 players and are trying to learn the game without losing our shirts, which I think motivates us to make the right call since every ounce of EV helps make us the money we need to make playing these low limits worth our time. I personally don't want some 5/10 player commenting on my 0.50/1.00 6 max hands; its a completely different game.

Is there any way we can rename this forum so Micro SH players keep posting here instead of moving to SSSH??? Thats the only thought that really comes to mind to keep our old posters here. Maybe calling it "Micro-Limit Full and Shorthanded"???

Steve
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way we can rename this forum so Micro SH players keep posting here instead of moving to SSSH??? Thats the only thought that really comes to mind to keep our old posters here. Maybe calling it "Micro-Limit Full and Shorthanded"???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this out of the question. New posters will soon become old posters, and everybody is free to post where they want. I thinkwe should just make an extra effort to leave the NC bs out of here and add some quality posts.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 AM

Like I said in an earlier thread, I have no intention of blocking out 6 max posts here. Or 2/4 posts. Or 30/60 posts. I'll move NL and stud posts, though. OTOH, I think SSSH is a real boon. It gives a good home for 2/4 and 3/6 6 max players, and it helps the 5/10 players who had their stuff overwhelmed in the original HUSH. I also know of more than one micro poster who were tired of all the 6 max stuff, as they were full ring players. As far as I'm concerned, 0.50/1 6 max posts, while I might encourage them to go in SSSH, they're welcome in both forums. There's no sense in alienating people who post good strategy.

As far as this thread, it looks like it stays around. Maybe I'll check back in later after a bit longer to see what people think then, but I'm glad to see that so far people like it.

As for the signal to noise ratio, I did notice an influx of low (but not zero) content big hands, but I hadn't noticed a whole lot of other noise. OTOH, Racious has already locked more threads this week than I have, so maybe I'm just not seeing all of them.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:51 AM

Either way I'm here to stay [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Now I just need to start playing/posting some hands instead of just replying to them. And I should probably stop taking stupid shots at 1/2 where I invariably run worse than I do at .50/1.00.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:39 AM

Edit.... nevermind this, see below...
Old 12-03-2005, 06:41 AM

Hmm, I think I extracted the most out of my quads here. Too bad I LOST though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 35 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3c 3s (four of a kind, threes).
UTG+2 has 9d 8d (flush, nine high).
MP3 has 4d Ad (straight flush, five high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 35 BB. </font>
Old 12-03-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't find the hand, but at Full Tilt 1/2, I limped on the button with 33 after 2 EP limpers. The BB raised, and all 3 called. My 100+ hand read was that I had 3 LAGs who would play any 2 suited or better.

Flop came A 3 3. BB bet, EP1 called, EP2 raised . . .

I thought for almost the max time trying to decide if I should raise or donk cold call 2. The reasoning that won out was to cc and pray for the BB to re-raise. He had demonstrated a tendency to stay in the lead if he liked his hand, regardless of position. He did, and got 3 more calls.

Turn was Ks, putting 4 to the flush on the board. Same exact betting - I cold called 2 and was rewarded with a BB re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should have put a cap in right here. You are for sure getting 3 more BB + probably more on the next street.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Right here I think I may have got three more bets out of him, but i figured a weak ace since he didnt raise preflop so i didnt know if i should c/r this flop or not...

Turn: (2.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

here comes the money...

River: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Mainly wondering about my flop play...

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5h 5s (four of a kind, fives).
MP3 has 4h As (full house, aces full of fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.75 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flop play here is fine because:

-The pot is small
-By slowplaying you allow somebody to make a secondbest hand, but it is very unlikely that it will improve to better than yours
-it is HU