Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM

Default First time i played with Daniel N.

Some of you enjoyed my post about playing with Ivey way back when. So i'm gonna do another.

First time i played with Daniel N. was at a dinky tournament at the orleans $20 nl with multi rabuy for first hour. Daniel and Layne Flack went down there to screw around and have some drinks i guess. They were already big names on the tournament circuit but pre television days.

Ok fast forward to after the first break. Daniel built a decent stack before the break while i had about what i started with because i played like a tight azz.

I get dealt AA's first in from middle position. I got a local super-maniac behind me and daniel behind him. I super slow played the hand then moved in after i finally got the maniac to bite and he called with a flush draw but didnt get there. And got some chips from daniel on the hand as he called in between when maniac bet. And i gt a look from daneil when i moved in. Now i got some chips still a little less Daniel but i'm dangerous now. That is the setup into this very next hand dealt.

As i said it was the very next hand i get dealt AA's AGAIN! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Now the utg throws in his last chips in desperation. But he had enough that it was like a solid raise. Now i'm thinking i don't want to slowplay AA twice as they might be on to me. And i'm bound to get burned if i keep slwoplaying these so much. But then i said. I still got the maniac behind me and Daniel. And i said what the chances they will think i could have AA twice in a row!? So i ham it up good then smoothcall [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. The maniac folds which shocked me but now daniel goes into the tank. He asks me how many chips i got to get a read while he sips his corona. I give him a general chip count as he reads me and i try not give anything away. Then he says RAISE! But he doesnt raise yet he start peeking up and down at me while hs grabbing chips to get a read from me. The best thing to do is probably to act stone faced but i went for the oscar. I gave hima look like i ate bad nachos. He then said I"M ALL IN. I called instantly. He had Aj off the utg had k10 off. Flop q52 two diamonds. turn diamond river diamond and daniel won the hand and busted me. I said nh tapped the table and began to leave. I was stopped near the exit to the poker room by a local player that asked what happend. So i whined about me beat for a few seconds then Daneil comes running up. He pats me on the back and says sorry. Then says keep playing like you played those back to back AA's and you'll go far in your tourney career or somthing to that effect i said thanks and he left and i went home.

Hope this was interenting.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: First time i played with Daniel N.

very cool. Daniel seems like a really nice guy and I'm sure that compliment after busting you took some of the sting out of it.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:33 PM

Daniel can come across, very... uh... different from his writings on his blog, but he seems like a nice guy. This backs that up yet again.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 PM

"Gimme your number, I'll call you later so we can discuss Pcoket Rockets."

lol jk. Nice anecdote though, again.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Are you going to be working your way around to all of the known pros?

This sounds like a book... with a lot of heavy editing needed.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:21 PM

Yeah he is a nice guy. I always have said that although it wouldn't seem it as i speak negatively about him sometimes. But i have always said he's not a bad guy, and even a nice guy. Just have had probelms with his arrogance about how great he is. But i guess all good players feel they are the best so i may have been too hard on him in the past.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Are you going to be working your way around to all of the known pros?

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a book... with a lot of heavy editing needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't writing a book he was telling a story his way. Why don't you take your negativism and shut up! He's
trying to contribute to this forum and you just want to ridicule. if you don't like how he writes or what he writes about why don't you ignore him.

Vince
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Are you going to be working your way around to all of the known pr

Smoothcall, you're disgustingly pathetic. I hope everyone can see through you. Btw, does anyone want me to post my first playing experiences with Doyle Brunson, Johnny Moss, Amarillo Slim, etc.?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:16 PM

I really liked both of these stories.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Are you going to be working your way around to all of the known pr

[ QUOTE ]
Smoothcall, you're disgustingly pathetic. I hope everyone can see through you. Btw, does anyone want me to post my first playing experiences with Doyle Brunson, Johnny Moss, Amarillo Slim, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]