Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Default I\'ve about had it up to here with Canterbury Park management

Poker Bob and I decided to play a little $4/$8 last night at Canterbury, so we found a table and started playing. We were all having a grand ol time. Another friend joined us. I was a little under the influence and not being perfect with my bets/muckings so I was asked kindly to behave, to which I obliged and everything was going smoothly for a couple hours.

Then the friend who canterbury has it out for sits down as well. He doesn't even get 1 orbit in before the floor comes over and tells us they're breaking our game because they need to move the table to get a shufflemaster installed on an adjacent table. Oh really. That's convenient. The game breaks and I go back to 30/60 and play for another couple hours. Nothing. They didn't move the table, they didn't install the shuffle master, nothing. Just a bs ploy to break up our game. I don't even get it. We were not being loud/rowdy and the dealers were getting tipped up the wazoo, but no, we can't play the game.

One of the best run cardrooms in the country yeah right. Almost getting up there with the bellagio. There really needs to be another card room in the twin cities for some competition.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: I\'ve about had it up to here with Canterbury Park management

How's about Treasure Island? Have things improved there sine they openned?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:03 PM

Agree on TI.
Room is very nice, fishy and busy on weekends!
If you live on the St. Paul side of town like me it's actually closer than Canterbury anyway.
Give it a try!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:05 PM

They don't spread a big enough game regularily at TI.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:17 PM

I obviously have no firsthand knowledge of what's transpired between you and cardroom management. But you seem to be a young kid that makes lots of money playing and possibly is seen as brash and rude at times or has rubbed someone with power the wrong way on one occasion. Maybe don't drink, create problems when you're down there? I'm sure you're gaining much more by having access to this cardroom than they are having you there. Even if they are being overbearing here (which it sounds like), it may be worth it to just "play it there way" and go there and play w/o drama or "magoo fests" or drinking or any of that. If they know you play 30 and have in the past been wild in the $1 games and they have taken issue with it, maybe don't sit in them for awhile.

I'd go in during a slow period, ask to speak to a manager and say...let's just all start fresh from here and I apologize if my behavior in the past has offended you. Even if you don't mean it...be the better man and just play it their way. It IS their place afterall, and playing is a privilege and not a right. If you hate it there, play online...but my guess is you like to play there, so maybe do it their way for awhile or see if you can get the ear of truly higher up management if you think you're being legitimately harassed. I hope thinks work better for you there and this honestly wasn't meant as a "flame" post.

Jeff
Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 PM

In CP's defense, they did move the tables in question, albeit several hours after they broke the game. I lost $260 in that damn game, I'm glad they broke it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 PM

From what I remember about CP's previous rulings against BK's buddy, the problem doesn't seem to be BK drinking or being brash, it is CP's unwarranted suspicion of collusion.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:36 PM

sounds like fallout from the drunk magoo fests - is that why they don't like your friend anymore?

RB
Old 11-18-2005, 10:49 PM

Poker rooms don't like young people having fun, they like old people who are bitter and grumpy.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like fallout from the drunk magoo fests - is that why they don't like your friend anymore?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

no. they hate tall, skinny white dudes. but who doesn't?