Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: just got PT, messing around (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing 6-max, 27 VPiP isn't horrible. I am around a 24. Your 20PFR might be a reflection of your small sample size. I think the optimal TAG PFR is between 7-10 with a VPiP of 20-22 at 6-max, but what do I know, I have a 6 PTBB over 70k hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to semi-hi-jack this, but a related question I've started worrying about: what is your VPIP from SB ?
Mine is well over 50% [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to semi-hi-jack this, but a related question I've started worrying about: what is your VPIP from SB ?
Mine is well over 50% [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have PT in front of me (at work), but I think I'm in the low 30's. I really hate being OOP and will usually either raise or fold from the SB unless I am getting odds to call (which is infrequent on 6-max).

Over 50% would concern me at 6-max. Look at your win rate from the SB, it will less than your win rate from MP, but not by that much. Sounds like you have some PT studying to do.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 AM

HotPants, no worries. Hopefully, I didn't come across as a whiner. I just believe that if you are going to comment on PT stats, you need to post your own so OP can decide how credible (or not) your advice is.

Beating NL $200 for 6PTBB is the financial equivalent of beating NL $100 for 12 PTBB and NL $50 for 24 PTBB. Obviously, I don't think I could beat NL $50 for 24 PTBB or anything close, but I just wanted to point out that numbers can be interpreted many different ways. And that moving up you just need to be better than half your previous level's PTBB to make the decision correct (of course your tolerance for variance must also be taken into consideration along with your pansiness factor).

The thing that makes me cry is that the rake taken is equal to almost 70% of my winnings [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but what do I know, I have a 6 PTBB over 70k hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I go on a rant, I just want to let you know 42 I'm not mad at you, I am mad at other people

6 PTBB/100 hands IS NOT A LOW FIGURE

It may seem low to people who read these forums, but this is because you here a lot from people who run hot over small sample sizes. I am guilty of this, I did it in this thread, and I'd just like to state that I am 99% sure my true winrate is less than 12ptbb/100 hands

No one wants to post "I know this is a small sample size, but guess what guys?!? I'm running 0.7PTBB/100 hands for 15k hands !!!"

When I was first learning this game, it hurt my ego (which is too big) a lot when it seemed the average winrate of 2+2'ers was 12-15PTBB/100 hands, and I do not wish to put fellow 2+2'ers with big egos through this

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah any 2p2ers with a winrate higher than 6ptbb at 200nl post your stats. im not saying its impossible by any means, its a very good winrate and not many people have it. sure ive won at 9ptbb for 20k hands, but then it regresses after another 20k. 6ptbb is a great winrate, everyone has unrealistic impressions based on that one nice stretch they had.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:19 AM

You mean my 20PTBB/100 is not going to last? But I thought 8K hands WAS the long term?!?!?!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean my 20PTBB/100 is not going to last? But I thought 8K hands WAS the long term?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of counting on 8K not being long term, otherwise that means I will be crushing the game at 1.5 ptbb for eternity.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean my 20PTBB/100 is not going to last? But I thought 800 hands WAS the long term?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah any 2p2ers with a winrate higher than 6ptbb at 200nl post your stats. im not saying its impossible by any means, its a very good winrate and not many people have it. sure ive won at 9ptbb for 20k hands, but then it regresses after another 20k. 6ptbb is a great winrate, everyone has unrealistic impressions based on that one nice stretch they had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you saying Voltron. I have runs of 1 PTBBN over 10k hands followed by a 20PTBB heater over 3k hands. My stats are a combo of NL $100 (60k hands) and NL $200 (10k hands) since July of this year when I bought PT. I probably had another 40-50k hands before that are a lower win rate. I was not trying to mislead or boast, I just thought that posting stats gives someone a basis to form a judgement. My last 5k hands of NL $200 are ~ -3 PTBB (don't have PT at work) so I understand where you are coming from in regards to long term and variance.

What do you feel is an adequate sample size to start drawing real conclusions? I am waiting until I log 250k or so hands before I start to get concerned about my PTBB one way or another.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you saying Voltron. I have runs of 1 PTBBN over 10k hands followed by a 20PTBB heater over 3k hands. My stats are a combo of NL $100 (60k hands) and NL $200 (10k hands) since July of this year when I bought PT. I probably had another 40-50k hands before that are a lower win rate. I was not trying to mislead or boast, I just thought that posting stats gives someone a basis to form a judgement. My last 5k hands of NL $200 are ~ -3 PTBB (don't have PT at work) so I understand where you are coming from in regards to long term and variance.

What do you feel is an adequate sample size to start drawing real conclusions? I am waiting until I log 250k or so hands before I start to get concerned about my PTBB one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what is a good sample size, but its more than 50K. 20k hands is really very little in a lot of ways. a while ago i made a pledge to only look at my WR in chunks of 20k hands, which i know is a good idea, but when i run band over 10k hands or so it knocks me off the plane of rational thinking.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:15 PM

My winrate sucks even after 50K hands but I'm not too worried about it. I prefer to just play as well as I can and not think about it. If I have the bankroll to move up and feel I can beat the game, I'll give it a shot. If not, I'm not losing sleep over it. I've found tons of leaks since I started playing and not one of them had anything to do with looking at the "BB/100" stat in PT.