Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Why you reraise big with premium hands preflop: shameless big pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus he's playing against fools and their raises obviously mean nothing and they don't like money. Posistion+Fools+Able to stack them=not terrible call at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

My agruement is for the majority of players, KJ will be dominated a lot of the time so why put urself in a tough spot with it

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is better than the majority of players.

I know that laying down KJ to a raise and a reraise is preached over and over in SSNL. This is to help newer players who WON'T be able to lay down with a single pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know OP is better than most posters, but I put that in for the rest of the SSNL player [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Why you reraise big with premium hands preflop: shameless big pot

[ QUOTE ]
Really confused. You must have had a good read on these guys, cause a raise from EP and a call, even with position calling KJo is -EV here.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree. for clarity's sake, assume that I thought it was a min-raise (I really did). In no way am I advocating calling the first raise with KJo in this spot originally. Of course, once you're there, there's no way you're folding for the 8$ reraise.

And the pot was all ready huge when I pushed. SB led for 75 into 50$ pot (125) then UTG called (200) then I pushed for what was about pot-sized.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Why you reraise big with premium hands preflop: shameless big pot post

[ QUOTE ]
at least he had a gutshot, what is 56 calling an all-in for, who are these people

[/ QUOTE ]

For the flush draw perhaps? Actually 6c5c calling the all-in is just about the only play I like in this hand...