Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
Of course she did. She figured nobody had an ace or she would have heard from them by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess she put me on the backdoor flush draw and put the bb on pocket 2's and figured he was just spite calling her down. She had to bet her capped 89 offsuit on the river since she knows we will both often turbo muck.

The thing I dont get, is that you guys are giving her all these hands the I have already told you she wouldnt cap with after playing with her for a couple hours. Tell me she is value betting KK here, or JJ, and I'll listen. Otherwise Im just gonna say maybe I made a small mistake and might be good like 1-10 here, and I folded getting 12-1 or whatever.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 AM

I think she bets KJ and KT on the river and probably QJ as well. Would she cap with any of those PF?
Old 10-18-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: 300-600 hand VS Mimi Tran

Omg i realy dont like this line. First of you have to be more aggresive on the flopp second you have to call that river.
I think this hand is gravely missplayed by you.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:29 AM

I don't think her CO cap means as much as you think it does with the details of your current game that you are providing.

Thats the crux of the issue. An advanced player may cap in her position against a thinking player for the very reason we are discussing your fold on the river.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:04 AM

bet - call - check - call - check - call - check - fold

Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 AM

I know a little bit about your opponent from info. from others who have played with her and their remarks are that you have limited her hand range too narrowly here. Let's give that some credence, let's say not as much as they say, but not as little as you do. Then let's add in that neither of her opponents did anything but check and call post-flop. I think that pencils out to you being good more than one time in ten.

No doubt I've made worse laydowns. Many times. But it's kind of similar to when somebody slowplays a big hand and then makes a big laydown. The information their opponent had might well have led said opponent to think their hand was better than it actually was.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Dear Tommy and Gabe,

"Don't gamble with your bankroll. Build it."

impossible. every time i get to $6000 i have to put $3000 in the bank to pay bills. lather, rinse, repeat.

no huge games for me for at least a year, but i would love to see one of my rich friends take a crack at it so i could get the vicarious thrill off it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Dear Tommy and Gabe,

Get to 6k faster [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

p.s. I'm not rich.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 PM

She wouldn't cap with a weakish hand when she raised in a steal position and got 3 bet?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She wouldn't cap with a weakish hand when she raised in a steal position and got 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure she could cap me, but no I dont think she caps a bad hand once the bb calls.