Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Level 2 thinking: watching the affiliates watch you

Well in defense of these non-rakeback paying affiliates - if PartyPoker's policy states that giving rakeback is forbidden one can make a STRONG or perhaps undeniable case that anyone who gives rakeback is commiting fraud.

And these affiliate managers on that site have a good point re: rakeback sites basically just cannibalizing the affiliates who brought the players to Party in the first place. So someone else plays by the rules, brings customers to a business partner, and then someone comes in, breaks the rules, and steals your customers.

My personal opinion is that if you CHOOSE to be an affiliate of PartyPoker you ought to follow their rules or at the very least you certainly can't complain if someone calls you out on being deceptive.

Flame away. For the record I am not an affiliate one way or the other. I don't blame people for wanting rakeback...I was getting it on a Party Skin until the big change.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You all have no idea what affiliate marketing is....

...Rakeback affiliates basically use this process to give the rake back. Instead of an advertising payment, they just give the payment to the player. This is because they do not do any actual advertising because the player already knows about the site...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain wrong. Rake back affiliates are some of the biggest advertisers on 2+2. If they didn't advertise for the past year how would rake back be so popular and so many players already know about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I must say that there is a big advertising budget for large rakeback affiliates. Look around. You would be shocked at what my site pays a month to 2+2, its just a drop in the bucket of their overall revenue. I would say rakeback affiliates spend even more money then "traditional" affiliates on advertising. The difference is that in many cases "traditional" affiliates spend a lot of money and time on content where the rakeback affiliate spends that time on support and calculating/paying players rakeback.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:50 AM

Mat-

Thanks for removing the "flamey, troll-y" language from the original post in this thread.