Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: ADD EMPIRE POKER TO BLACKLISTED SITES!!!!

I think the big poker rooms are beginning to realize that the low limit bonus whores that roam around from site to site are a negative at best for their bottom line.

Fortunately for folks that are still doing that (and I am not knocking it - that's how I could afford to learn how to play) there are plenty of sites that are more than welcoming of bonus chasers.

In the end, I think Empire's decision was sound, but their customer service was horrible. If that matters to you, move on. Empire is the very last site that cares what you think about it.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 PM

I agree Grimel. Absolute is a model site IMO for being pro player oriented. Everything there is about making and keeping their players happy and satisfied. They are doing what they can to increase numbers solely by offering players massive reloads.

Not to mention their 25k free rolls for 12,500 ARP's. With the small numbers playing, that's a great value for player points.

There are other sites besides AP that offer players much much more in promotional values than probably what that player will pay in rake. It's their marketing tool to increase traffic. They need and appreciate every player they get.

Maybe Party has just become so big, their focus has changed away from the player on the most part. Afterall, they got plenty of players and keep getting more. They don't really need that one new player like smaller sites. One player is nothing to them. But one player to a smaller site is something.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Wow, Wacko has never had so much

support in his whole posting life.

congrats!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Party has just become so big, their focus has changed away from the player on the most part. Afterall, they got plenty of players and keep getting more. They don't really need that one new player like smaller sites. One player is nothing to them. But one player to a smaller site is something.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion is that Party has never had its focus on the player.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do understand. Empire is trying to set up business rules to encourage fish to redeposit. They don't want to reward people who are just pulling money and then redepositing it again later.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that were the case it would be much easier to simply filter their player list for the kinds of players they want to attract and then simply email them a bonus offer rather than making it generally available, but with stupid restrictions, and it wouldn't piss as many people off.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the big poker rooms are beginning to realize that the low limit bonus whores that roam around from site to site are a negative at best for their bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm skeptical about that too. It would be pretty easy to say, x-amount of raked hands at 2/4 or higher (or whatever)...

--Zetack
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point was that if you play a lot at Empire because of rakeback, you could just as easily move to Eurobet or Multipoker and continue to get your rakeback and play the same tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Get back at Empire for giving a 15x bonus by going to MultiPoker ... where they offer a 20x bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are getting RB, the multipule makes no difference.
5X=7X=15X=20X if you are playing the hands, regardless.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 PM

Has anyone ever had their account closed at Empire with money still in the account???
Old 06-23-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever had their account closed at Empire with money still in the account???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I had $.16 in my account when the "we don't want you if you're only going to play when we give you no-strings-attached incentives to play" hammer came down. Empire cashed me out by sending $5.00 to my Neteller account.

The $4.84 is nice, but it won't give me back my dignity. Meh, I'd rather have a milkshake than dignity anyway.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:15 PM

This is all becuase of a $100 bonus.....hahahaha.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:45 PM

has anyone though had any big money in their account and have it closed. I know this is probably the wrong thread to post this in, and I know I'm probably being over cautious cause I know a lot of people do it, but I have a Party account, and want to open an account at Empire and deposit about $500, then eventually do the same for PokerNow, Eurobet, etc. Is it possible for them to ever close my account with my money in it because I am on multiple sites in their network? (newb question, sorry)