Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 PM

Default results

I agree my pf raise was bad. I don't remember any reason I did it so it was probably a little tilty I guess...woops. It's not THAT bad esp considering how much respect EP raises get in that game...but it's almost surely -EV in a vacuum.

I like my river line a lot still, even though she raised A5s and got paid off. Eh.

And she's not hot. Great body but the rest leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I agree my pf raise was bad... It's not THAT bad esp considering how much respect EP raises get in that game...but it's almost surely -EV in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, lots of respect. She reraised you with A5s preflop to isolate you. Then, she raised you with bottom pair on the end, for value.

Sometimes it's best to just sit back and wait until you get a hand so you can get paid off by people like this. I prefer to have buttons and/or big cards to play hold em.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree my pf raise was bad... It's not THAT bad esp considering how much respect EP raises get in that game...but it's almost surely -EV in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, lots of respect. She reraised you with A5s preflop to isolate you. Then, she raised you with bottom pair on the end, for value.

Sometimes it's best to just sit back and wait until you get a hand so you can get paid off by people like this. I prefer to have buttons and/or big cards to play hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's what I did after I took a break shortly after this hand.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:01 AM

you guys are all fools if you think she raised the rvr for value. she most likely but bk on a medium pair that she could not beat and raised as a bluff. if you could read that and three bet that would be truly expert.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she is trying to get him off a bigger pair, not trying to get more money in the pot just in case he happens to have exactly 33 or 44. Im pretty sure she was just bluffing with the best hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, raising the river for value with bottom pair and getting paid off is pretty hot in my book.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:25 PM

Is her river raise purely for value?

She obviously doesn't put BK on 44. I suppose she must be thinking "this internet hero is betting his AK here. I'll raise and these internet guys never fold".

Maybe she was thinking that. Or maybe she was thinking that her raise could perhaps get BK to fold 66 or some slightly bigger pair.

These two thoughts could co-exist though seemingly incongruous.

Who knows? But I think her river play is a little shaky as well. Maybe she wants to send a "don't f*ck with me message" but overall, her best play by far seems to be to just call the river bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:29 PM

That's the thing with an "expert" play. Sometimes it looks exactly like something a complete moron would do. Like you said, it could've been an accident. But I think you're underestimating the value of a two-way play. She's paying off for sure and it's only one more bet to raise. She knows bk won't put her on a J or a flush. She's also banking on the fact that bk wouldn't possibly re-raise with a worse hand, yet he might pay off with a worse one, and will sometimes fold a better one. I think it's brilliant even if it was an accident.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I've been known to 3-bet in bk's shoes (or fold), but I admit that's over-the-top and mostly for meta-game.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, raising the river for value with bottom pair and getting paid off is pretty hot in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting an EP raise from a solid player with A5s is not hot.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Was raising 44 from early position hot?