Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:09 AM

Default 20/40 serious aggression - I\'m a LAGaholic. T9o

Villain is 60/25/1.5
We've played together a bit, I've started to feel like he's taking shots at me on flops, both from me running bad and folding alot. How's this? River is pretty awful.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Surf is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Surf raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Surf bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Surf 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Surf bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Surf raises</font>

Surf
Old 11-29-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: 20/40 serious aggression - I\'m a LAGaholic. T9o

No wonder you run bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 09:39 AM

I guess the question is are you going to cap a 3-bet or just call? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Krishan
Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 AM

the flop 3bet doesnt get you anywhere. the problem with bluffing on these boards is that opponents will call you down because you could easily be on a lone club and if they dont have showdown value they are chasing their flush draws anyway. you basically have no folding equity and taking down this pot unimproved is going to take a great investment. if im going to take a shot at winning this pot im going to call the flop raise and raise the turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 AM

I think you missed a 6-betting opportunity somewhere.

Where is AggroMUSHPoster gone?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM

Okay, my thoughts(yes, there were thoughts, despite this looking like a complete trainwreck):

On the flop he's representing an Ace. However, I expect this opponent to 3bet most aces preflop. He's been raising lots of flops, and could be doing it with any pair or any draw. I had been discussing the concept of "putting the last bet in when you suspect you are both on a draw" with another mid-high stakes poster last week, and I thought this might be an opportune spot.

If he's semibluffing a club and I put the last bet in on the river, I win when we both miss. If he's c/r'ing a small pair and I 3bet/lead he may well fold on this dangerous board, and I've got a ton of outs against him. Worst case is an A with a club leaving me drawing nearly dead, but IMO he'd 3bet most aces pf so that's not as likely.

Now, the river is just spewage. When he bets this blank he's not folding to a raise... at the time I was just thinking "You ruined my line!" and imagined him doing it with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Tx as a last-ditch bluff since he missed and pulled the trigger - I think i cost myself nearly a full 2 bets on the river.

Surf