Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 01:57 PM

Default The Scam

Imagine this scenario, you are quiet happy playing hold’em online. Some half decent play, no “all-in wonders”, you win a few you lose a few, a couple of bad beats, and you catch a few good cards on the river.

All in all a very pleasant evening spent playing online poker. Now another player (player1) enters the table, says hi to the table and starts playing. After several hands another player (player2) enters the table and immediately starts using a whole string of abusive and racist comments on the chat forum.

Now “player1” responds to these comments, so now there is defiantly antagonism between these two players. Now “player2” starts going all-in before the flop with nothing. Loses hands, re-buys, goes all-in again with nothing, loses hands, re-buys etc, etc, while continuing to use the chat forum for abusive and racist discourse.

Now “player1” disappears for a while and “player2” continues the pattern of play and chat as before. After a period of time “player1” returns and announces to the table, that he is a hacker and knows what “players2”’’s cards are. And low and behold he is correct. This “player1” must be a genius to be able to hack into the site, and out of the goodness of his heart he is helping the rest of the table beat the abusive and racist “player2”.

This goes on for several hands, then this change occurs, the wonderful and helpful “player1” starts misreporting “player2”’s cards, and at crucial parts of a hand will announce that “player2” is holding cards to complete a straight draw, which turns out not to be true!!

So these two players were called out on what was going on, and you can imagine the profound and complex use of some the more descriptive words in the English language that then flowed over the chat forum.

For some reason they never returned!

So you decide if ther was collusion, or not between these two players.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: The Scam

Do you idiots jack off to these fantasies?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:14 PM

Collusion or not, if this really happened both players are being reported to the poker site.

Player 1 is being reported for possible hacking, and possible collusion.

Player 2 is being reported for abusive chat, and possible collusion.

Either way they're both screwed, and I doubt this happened in the first place.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:17 PM

lol
Old 09-11-2005, 02:20 PM

Where you referring to whole thread as a fantasy or just certain elements. As to this situation, is occurred, last night in fact on FTP

As to the comment about someone been able to hack into a poker site and read someone else’s cards, I do not believe that for one minute.

And yes they both were reported to support.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where you referring to whole thread as a fantasy or just certain elements. As to this situation, is occurred, last night in fact on FTP

As to the comment about someone been able to hack into a poker site and read someone else’s cards, I do not believe that for one minute.

And yes they both were reported to support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying what you wrote isn't what you believe. I should clarify that I only believe you are paranoid delusional.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:33 PM

Post details (names, hand nos, copy of chat, copy of relevant correspondence with the site etc) or GET LOST.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:14 PM

Let me guess, this was on a play money table, right?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 PM

The amount of times that he would have to have gone all in and lost compared to the one time they get a sucker on the line makes this scam definitely -EV. Not to mention that the "sucker" might still have a better hand, and even if not, may still win. I call bs.

Edit: It seems to me more likely that OP has imagined this scam, and wants to try it out himself.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM

For Jimbo - It was on play money.

For jman220 - Not me sunshine I play an honest game.