Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Reads

I've recently started playin 2/4 6max at AP, just to get away from the monotone at full ring, even though I'm probably not close to ready for it. I just thought there'd be lessons I can learn at 6max that will help my full game too. I'm one tabling, and trying to take as many notes as possible. One thing that bugs me is how to synthesise the notes that I take into higher level view of my opponent. I remember one night I had these two notes for villian:

- raises 44 pf after one limper
- open limps 88 pf

So how do I come up with a conclusion that affects how I would play against this particular player?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Reads

I just write something like "can raise limper with a small pp" which in my mind includes both possibilities since it is suitably vague. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Reads

Pre-flop notes will not help you as much as post-flop notes IMO. A lot of the pre-flop info is already covered by PAHUD. The types of notes that will help you more are things like:

-called down with K-high (e.g.) on scary board (in which case you should value bet your marginal hands more)
-bet or raised river with busted draw (in which case you should try to induce more bluffs, and fold less often)
-raises flop on draws (in which case you should look to 3-bet your top pairs on the flop)

I'm sure there are other good notes to be taking but these are some that I find myself taking consistently that actually affect my decision making.