Old 10-31-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Almost called ambulance for myself last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's impossible to eat 5,000 calories of fruits and vegetables in a day

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like Crimson has a new challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

Im up for this challenge, as long as avocados arent taken off the menu.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everything you hear will involve eating less (of the crap) and moving more, but I suppose you already know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't read the whole thread yet so maybe someone has already pointed this out. the key is not eating less, it's eating the right food. you could eat just vegetables and fruit like a pig, but with excercise you will keep losing weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. It's almost impossible to gain weight eating nothing but vegetables, if you leave out the starchy ones(potatoes, rice, etc.). That's one of the pleasures of a diet that's got a lot of fruits and vegetables in it -- you can eat like a pig if you want. Never get hungry, eat as often as you like. And it's super nutritious, if you get a good mix of veggies instead of just sticking to a couple favorites. Of course you'll still need some fats etc. in your diet, but it's nice to have to seek them out instead of wonder how the heck you can possibly stop pounding them into your body.

Of course, if you drown it all in ranch dressing, you might as well just eat a triple cheeseburger.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:15 PM

Yeah, that's key. Vegetables contain a lot of water and cellulose, and you can get a lot of eating done before you rack up that many calories.

Even if you do, the calories will be a lot healthier for you than if they came from fatty or junk foods, or any kind of food.

Of course, you can always eat even vegetables badly, so you need some sort of balance. You don't want to eat a pound and a half of carrots a day and get Vitamin A poisoning or something, but you have to get into a really weird unbalanced way of eating vegetables to do something goofy like that. Balance and variety is always called for. Plus, some protein, as with beans, tofu, etc.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 PM

One of the rare fatty veggies.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:24 PM

If you can afford almost any treatment, then talk to your doctor and find a good trainer and nutritionist. Try to find a trainer with a university degree in kinesiology, or biomedical science. Good look.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:42 PM

Agreed. A lot of regular gym trainers are basically just dopey gym rats who don't know a thing, even if they are bulky or look good. A bad trainer can do you more harm than good.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:57 PM

http://www.johnstonefitness.com is good too. I started that June 1 and have lost 70 lbs so far.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM

Do whatever this guy says. And yes, I am serious. He's about 92 years old and acts like he is 50!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:23 PM

I don't really know what I am talking about when it comes to this subject but I wanted to get you and others here thinking about some ideas I had.

1. If you are not sure you should find out why you are fat.

Yah that sounds stupid but the way I see it you could be in denial and need to find out the truth as to why you are fat. Plus there could be several odd reasons that I can think of and there must be many others.

Examples:

You eat too much and you don't exercise.

You have a medical condition that makes you carry more weight while consuming the proper amount of food and exercising.

Someone mention sleep anemia and how that can cause a cycle of problems. So other underlying health problems might need to be addressed to allow you to have a chance at doing this.

You are genetically predisposed to being obese.

There could be countless more. Find out the truth and realize it then you have a chance of taking the proper steps to fix it.

2. 99 percent chance you eat too much and don't exercise. Don't feel bad if this is the case. Tons of people do it and some don't even get fat. And they are the ones that seem to hate fat people. As they just don't see how someone could be that fat.

So stop eating so much and start exercising. Easy right? Why is anyone fat then?

I think you need to learn and understand the reasons you could be overeating and why you don't feel like exercising. Here are a few reasons I can think of.

You are depressed and eating is an easy form of enjoyment.

You eat to relieve stress.

You eat because you were raised in a family that taught you bad habits.

You have low self-esteem and this self-hating attitude is self-defeating when you try to change.

There are tons of others but the idea is to learn and face the ugly truth and then you can beat it. Once it is out in the open it will be easier. Not easy but you have a chance.

This stuff can be hard to face but you should not feel bad about it. People do much worse things than overeat so don't beat yourself up for the past look to the future which could be very good if you make a few changes and stick with them for a long period of time. Forever actually as the second you revert to your old habits you will be headed right back to were you started. So never drop your guard once you start winning.

Good luck man you can do this and don't feel bad if you decide the surgery is the best course of action. Do what you think has to be done after you look at all the options.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:39 PM

Thanks all for the advice I have appt tomorrow with doctor. Diablo why are you obsessed with my company and what I do for a living? If you need a job just ask man dont beat around the bush.