Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2002, 08:25 AM

Default chinese poker

could someone tell me what chinese poker is? i don't mean pai gow table games, i mean the chinese poker you always hear the top money players are play against each other for big bucks. thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:16 PM

Default Re: chinese poker

Chinese poker isn't really poker. It a card game based on poker hands. The rules are very simple.

Each player gets dealt 13 cards. So you can only have 4 players. Each player then makes 3 hands of 5 cards, 5 cards and 3 cards. The first 5 card hand must be better than the second 5 card hand and the second 5 card hand must be better than the 3 card hand. Straights and Flushes don't count for the 3 card hand. To win a hand your first hand must beat all others first hands, yada, yada, yada. Points/chips/$$$ are then awarded based on who won each hand. Usually each hand is worth the same. There are lots of variations and some play you can surrender before you play your hands to save money.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:40 AM

Default Re: chinese poker

Just to add some more information.

Chinese Poker is also called Xap Xam Chuong (Sap Sam Cheung), Luosong Pai Jiu, Russian Poker and sometimes even 13-card Poker. There’s more information on this game on http://www.vinagames.com/ - I think you can even play it online there (not that I encourage online playing, I am simply giving the information).