Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Dealing with a maniac.

PP 15-30. I don't have the hand history on this computer.

UTG+2 has not been at the table long and is running out of chips fast. The previous hand he was the only caller of my pre-flop raise, checkraised the flop with nothing and then checked both turn and river and I won with A hi unimproved.

The other players are surprisingly tight passive for this game.

UTG+2 limps, I raise next to act with AQo. 1 MP cold caller, CU and button cold call and UTG+2 calls.

Flop: K 10 2, two hearts. Checked to me and I bet. Two of the cold-callers call, button folds and UTG+2 checkraise, we all call.

Turn: 4 no heart. UTG+2 bets (all-in) and I raise.

Comments?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Bump

Old 01-29-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Dealing with a maniac.

Your position in this hand is hurting you. With all those callers behind you, it makes it tough. The flop is not a total disaster, but there is an excellent chance one of your opponents likes it a lot more than you do. You want to see a jack, and an ace may help you as well. Basically you don't have a lot of outs, the pot is big, there are many opponents, and your postion is bad. Time to start playing it as a draw and take your foot off the gas pedal.

For those reasons, I don't like the turn raise. First, even idiots get hands sometimes. Second, with two still left to act, you may very well get called. At the party 15-30, your raise will not fold a king, and even a 10 may cold call it.

I also don't think this flop is worth a bet. Your bet will be raised a lot and called in multiple places.