Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Was it big enough...

After this hand MP2 told me I should leave the table because I insulted the integrity of the game so I thought I would post it.

10 handed PP 15/30. I am multitabling so no reads.

7 limpers to me, I raise the button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. We lose the BB. 9 to the flop for 9.5 BB (minus rake).

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Its checked to MP1 who bets, MP2 raises, folded to me and I call two cold, its folded back to MP1 who 3 bets all-in, MP2 and I call.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

MP2 bets, I call.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

MP2 Checks I bet and obviously my hand is good.

I think the pre-flop raise is correct IF I play well post-flop. Hence the post. All comments appreciated.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Was it big enough...

Preflop play might be correct, but your postflop is not.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:10 PM

I'm not even wild about the pre-flop raise...

You could run into the random UTG guy who will be ready to limp-reraise you ... now you're in for another bet.

Seeing as how you DID raise pre-flop -- and your position -- I can see why you wanted to call (due to some "pot odds" notion) but what can you really beat...?

Obviously, it worked out, but, yeah, run this same hand 10 more times and I think you lose in the long run.

Stuff happens, though.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 07-22-2004, 09:39 PM

the flop call is weak...what are you drawing at? 2 backdoor draws....you NEED to consider flop and turn action for effective odds, not "oh, its 30 to me...ok, me call" and then "oh, [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] i forgot about the turn...another $30? uh, ok, me call."
just joshin around...but seriously the hand action should have been call (or raise but im not sure this is the place...kinda like my A4s but im still undecided about it so raise can't be that bad, minor mistake at worst) then fold the flop. $15 end of story.

hope this helps,
-Barron
Old 07-22-2004, 09:57 PM

I don't mind the preflop raise. Yes you can get limp-reraised, but so what? You are kind of playing the ultimate game of flop lotto, and getting anywhere from 7-1 to 10-1 the call.

This wouldn't be a mainline play, but I've done it with some success.

BUT ... the flop ... yick. Horrible. I think you are d-o-n-e. Your suits might very well be no good. so you are looking at runner runner? Ugh.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:01 PM

pf raise is fine, but fold the flop and "it's not even close"
Old 07-22-2004, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the flop call is weak...what are you drawing at? 2 backdoor draws....you NEED to consider flop and turn action for effective odds, not "oh, its 30 to me...ok, me call" and then "oh, [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] i forgot about the turn...another $30? uh, ok, me call."
just joshin around...but seriously the hand action should have been call (or raise but im not sure this is the place...kinda like my A4s but im still undecided about it so raise can't be that bad, minor mistake at worst) then fold the flop. $15 end of story.

hope this helps,
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now, Barron, this post doesn't set off your troll detector at all? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Dan

P.S. Congrats on the Vegas score.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:27 PM

what on earth is a troll detector? are you saying i was too mean or something...dan i was just kidding ...lighten up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

go ref some hockey or something...maybe keep a score or two instead of gambling it up and drinking and using THE urinal? you make it too easy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

and thanks for the congrats...i enjoyed the time...it was fun as all hell and i might have to go again before school

lemme know if you have plans to go down there again.

-Barron
Old 07-23-2004, 10:04 AM

Your preflop raise is fine, you postflop play is awful.

But, MP's comment about integrity of the game is silly.