Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
PP 15-30 full table.

MP2 in this hand is a donk who plays any two, chases any draw, etc. He is also capable of going 4 bets on the turn or river with bottom pair. I am sitting directly to the left of MP2 with tighties to my left and loose passives to the right. My image is tight and so far everyone behind me has folded to my isolation raises. However, I have isolated MP2 several times in the last couple of orbits.

Pre-Flop: MP1 opens, MP2 calls, I raise from the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], cutoff, button, sb call, rest call.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I call, CO calls, button folds.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop makes this hand so much easier to play IMO.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PP 15-30 full table.

MP2 in this hand is a donk who plays any two, chases any draw, etc. He is also capable of going 4 bets on the turn or river with bottom pair. I am sitting directly to the left of MP2 with tighties to my left and loose passives to the right. My image is tight and so far everyone behind me has folded to my isolation raises. However, I have isolated MP2 several times in the last couple of orbits.

Pre-Flop: MP1 opens, MP2 calls, I raise from the hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], cutoff, button, sb call, rest call.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I call, CO calls, button folds.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop makes this hand so much easier to go broke

[/ QUOTE ]i agree.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:55 AM

I disagree with most of the other posters. While I prefer the overlimp PF, I love the flop check, turn call and river raise line here. SB very rarely has anything but a weak hand/missed draw here and will likely muck any T and some weak Js. If he's reasonable, I just can't see him checking the river with a hand that is then willing to put multiple bets in for showdown. Only worry is that you will have a worse hand than mp2 most of the time, but def > 1/6. NH.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 AM

I would overlimp pf. A6 just isn't a cool hand.

River is marginal imho as to whether it works often enough against MP2 and the field. CO is yet to act and SB led the turn (he may have a field checkraise planned).

Hope it worked out for you, it certainly looks like MP2 doesn't have a T or J, but there are other players here I'd be worried about.