Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: 6-12 limit hand-general remarks

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want anyone to drop, and I feared a flop raise would have been followed by a re-raise by SB that would have chased away my customers. I tend to think of "flop raising in order to get a free turn card" as sort of a cliche--it may have worked in this game, but I'm doubtful--at any rate, I didn't want a free turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a ideal for you. If you got heads up with AAxx with dead money. What wouldn't you like about that? You would be a huge money favorite over AAxx.

Also, there are many bad turn cards where you would want a free card. I"d say about half the deck is check-worthy on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
There was a lot of flop betting and raising with middle and bottom set, so I didn't think there was a full house. I didn't raise the turn because I felt the low draws would have put me on high and stayed in

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if the lows stay in? Make them pay to draw, you are a favorite (or close to it) to scoop. You aren't going to make the nut low fold. You have the second nut, so what low's are you trying to make fold, and how on earth are you going to do that. Not to mention, you are scooping high on the turn. I really, really think you need to rethink this street.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus it would have kept SB from betting the river, and I felt there was a good chance he would do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but if you raise now, you guarantee the money goes in.

You're thinking on all streets has me very confused. Even if we assume, I am out of touch w/ how these players think, raising the turn is very clear cut. Raising the flop is clear cut as long as you put the SB on AAxx and not a very high likelyhood of A2. I would guess that even if your low draw is the best or tied 30 percentage of the time a raise is in order.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: 6-12 limit hand

To repeat the general sentiment, raise the turn. A random nine has up to nine outs against you, and you want to charge any low draws.