Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Field Sobriety Test Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think not answering their question will help you on the side of the road, but it will definitely help you in court, if it gets to that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

I have (truthfully) told cops that I had one beer two hours ago. But in general, don't answer the question if the truth won't help you. Most cops have pretty good [censored] detectors, and if you admit to doing anything illegal, you are just helping them build the case against you. OTOH, if they think you are being sraight with them and havn't done anything illegal, it may help keep you from getting charged in the first place.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Default I stand corrected

I asked him today, and since he walked, there were no court costs. My mistake.

ScottieK
Old 11-13-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Field Sobriety Test Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't pass the field sobriety test. That may have been due to nervousness rather than alcohol, but you still didn't pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things are a joke. Even if you're stone cold sober, that doesn't mean you'll "pass". Like I said in earlier post, once you get to this point, it's like 90% you're getting arrested. They just want to get you on video stumbling or falling down.

It's not like these tests are scientifically designed so people with .000 - .079 BACs will pass and people with .08+ will fail. They're just an attempt to gather evidence.