Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 10:55 PM

Default How donkish was this?

NL 600 6-max

All players at the table are pretty bad, I have been at the table for like an hour+ and the best hand I've seen has been pocket 2's. I'm stuck about 200 from just folding, and everytime it seems I try to make a move some calling station wakes up with a hand. Anyway so basically I'm bored and sick of seeing shitty cards, so when I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG it looks like gold. I open for 24, MP1(300) minraises 30 more on top, all call(!) but the CO, I call. I have right at 600.

Flop(270): 9 10 J rainbow (one heart)

Checked to me, I check, MP behind me pushes his stack about 250 in, all fold to the small blind, who calls leaving him about 100 dollars left. BTW, he sucks. I push in.

This move was mainly influenced by boredom and frustration, and I by no means think it was a great move, but I'm just wonderind how bad was it exactly? It think my pot equity is right at around 1/3 given my reads, so while this may not have been a +EV move I don't it was much worse than neutral. I'll explain my thoughts and reasoning later.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: How donkish was this?

[ QUOTE ]
I open for 24, MP1(300) minraises 30 more on top, all call(!) but the CO, I call. I have right at 600.

Flop(150): 9 10 J rainbow (one heart)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading this correctly, there are 5 players in the pot who had to call $54 each. Better check your numbers. Personally, most of the time I like betting most of the time rather than folding, but given the pot odds, you're probably ok to call here. If there's $270 in the pot and given 3:1 odds, your move is probably about neutral. It's possible that the 8 might give you chop chop with SB if he has the Q, but it's possible your A is an out as well as counting one out with the backdoor [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush draw. I don't hate your play.

Garland
Old 10-09-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: How donkish was this?

sorry yeah i just did 30x5 for my flop calc (in case that eluded someone), the pot on the flop was actually about 270.