Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Looks like Antonio and his \"betty\" will be official soon....

American Pie star to divorce.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Looks like Antonio and his \"betty\" will be official soon....

Funny story from the WSOP floor, Saturday June 11:

We had been mostly playing cash games all day, myself, my wife and another couple friends of ours. We were also with a couple that did not play, but had come along to see the spectacle that is the WSOP. While at the table, my non-playing friend Gary started asking a lot of questions, etc so I decided to walk him around a little bit and show him some faces, explain some of the games, etc.

After sweating Huck Seed and Eric Lindgren for a little while and trying to explain some basic parts of the game being played, we started walking back to the area where my chips sat at my 5/10 NL table. On the edge between the tournament area there is an ongoing cash game which can usually include any number of known faces and was most commonly spreading a high stakes mixed game. At this particular time the table consisted of Antonio, JDags, Raymer, Laak and Patty G as I recall. We stopped for a couple of seconds standing just to the left rear of Antonio and I tried to put into layman's terms what was going on at the table.

All of the sudden out of know where, Antonio goes "Hey honey..." Looking in the direction he was spitting his words stood a rather homely looking blonde, probably 6' tall, thin body with a skin-tight pink shirt that read "VIRGIN" across her breast. I wouldn't have been surprised if she just came from a Slayer concert or perhaps a trailer park with her hair all short and ratty with obvious dark roots glaring under her horrid bleach job.

"Come over here, what's your shirt say sweetheart?" Antonio continued.

"Virgin" as she gave a little smile to him as to ask to be bent over the table.

"Are you?" he asked. "Not at all" she said. Duh. Then he says (and I swear these were his words), "come over here, you're a hot little thing aren't you... Why don't you sit down behind me for a while and let's talk." She couldn't get to the chair fast enough and was acting like a star-struck Beatles fan on February 7, 1964.

Not really wanting to puke on the table, I made my way back to my table and Gary headed over and told the story to our other friend Phil. Now, Phil's about 6'5", 280lbs of Columbian tough guy. Nice as can be most of the time, but turns into "that guy" when he wants to run his mouth.

Hearing the story and conjuring up memories of magicantonio.com, Phil decided he was going to have some fun. He came and got me and said "Just don't look at him as we walk by."...

As we approach the table, we are looking forward as Phil instructed, and Phil spouts out "I wonder if that faggot with the Rocks and Rings website is here..." Completely nonchalantly, just as if mentioning it in passing.

I almost hacked up an organ trying to keep from laughing, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Antonio whip around at about 120 mph and stare us down as we continued to walk past the table on our way to the lobby.

I really wish he would have said something back for no other reason than to be an observer to a certain exchange between the two of them as Phil NEVER shuts his mouth! But that was the end.

I saw Antonio throughout the entire weekend here and there, once darting directly into the womens restroom apparently too cool to wait in the mens line that had formed during a break.

I guess it's just the nail in the coffin of his shitty "holier-than-thou" attitude. I have NO idea how he's gotten in with Shannon Elizabeth!

Tool.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 PM

wow, so just because he flirted a little, he's a tool?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As we approach the table, we are looking forward as Phil instructed, and Phil spouts out "I wonder if that faggot with the Rocks and Rings website is here..." Completely nonchalantly, just as if mentioning it in passing.

I almost hacked up an organ trying to keep from laughing, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Antonio whip around at about 120 mph and stare us down as we continued to walk past the table on our way to the lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

pure gold here folks.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let others elaborate.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
actually, the only tool here is daniel hoerr (a jealous tool).
Old 07-01-2005, 07:09 PM

great story
Old 07-01-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just spit Diet Coke all over my 2001FP and keyboard. Your buddy is so 1.4.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:24 PM

I found the story amusing. I mean if Antonio can parlay his poker success into bagging hotties then more power to him, I'm not a player-hater. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, the only tool here is daniel hoerr (a jealous tool).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was a big fan of Antonio until reading his articles and website. I still think he has mad poker skills, I'm just not a fan of that type of over-the-top-I'm-better-than-you-because-I-have-money personality. And I live in the HEARTLAND of that type of person, Scottsdale, AZ.