Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Party\'s next move....

They will reduce the amount they pay the affiliates. To Party it is "obvious" that they have been paying too much to the affiliates if the affiliates can turn around and give a big chunk back to the players.
Otherwise why would they care what the affiliates do with the revenue?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Party\'s next move....

Your both right and wrong. Some affiliates are rb-affiliates and give big % to get players, others are not rb-affiliates they use the funds to attract players.

The first category: Of course they wanna reduce this as this is attraction very few new players. If they wanna keep players for longer they, PP, can easily give reloadbonuses or so.

Second category: This is not something they wanna reduce as long as these money go to marketing, as Party can put it on marketing expenses.

And that s why they are trying their best to eradicate rakeback... they dont controll the tool, and its an expense that gains very little (of course it generates a breed of Multitabling tags that play little but alot).
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 PM

that'll hurt party
the affiliates pay 1000s/month to advertise and it won't be worth as much of an investment if the pay is cut
Old 10-13-2005, 07:13 PM

True.

It's still hard for me to comprehend how many people are signing up through affiliates with NO rakeback.

Then I remember that I signed up Party for a $25 bonus and a free book when I didn't know any better.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:19 PM

i can comprehend the 10s of thousands of fish who sign up without rakeback

what is hard for me to grasp is the fact that so many on 2+2 are willing to go back to party now without getting rakeback when it's freely available all over the boards
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM

Many also may view it as the poor players at Party make up for the difference of getting rakerebates at crappy sites, the bottom line is how much you can make per hour as a player if it is your job or a good size chunk of your income. The rakerebate portion os nice, but if I(we, whatever) discovered a poker site that we could make 5BB/100 multi tabling, were gonna play there if its more $/hour than the combined parts. jmho.

tobdog
Old 10-13-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can comprehend the 10s of thousands of fish who sign up without rakeback

what is hard for me to grasp is the fact that so many on 2+2 are willing to go back to party now without getting rakeback when it's freely available all over the boards

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta admit though will all the talk on the boards about rakeback on party has anyone actually gotten paid?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:34 AM

yes
Old 10-14-2005, 08:11 AM

I remember one time I did a search for "party poker" in google, and partypoker.com was like the 20th website. I get normal results now, but the point is that affiliates have kind of reached a saturation point. Go to any poker related site, and there's a party poker banner. If you are aware of this thing called "the internet" and you have "heard wonderful things" about this "poker" you will have about 20 oppurtunities to plop yourself down at pp in 5 minutes. Sure, great, a billion internet banners, and... what exactly? I mean, the second an affiliate takes out a tv commerical for party I'll change my mind, but I think we're in the area of diminishing returns.

Also, RB affiliates do quite well for themselves on quite small percentages. It seems laughable to me that an afilliate needs 25% of a high volume players rake to make it worth their while to recruit that player.

That people say 2-10k per month for one friggin person is in anyway "little" always amazes me. Many of us pay in a year in rake a full middle class salary. It's not unreasonable to expect that every high volume player should have their own host at party poker who they can contact by phone for any issues that come up with their account. Name one other business where I as a customer would consistently drop this kind of money and not expect and demand this kind of attention (one time purcases don't count).

An industry that continues to try to justify giving the customer poor service so it can bend over backwards for the middle man is walking a dangerous line. Right now there are a lot of annoyed people. Every day that goes by without things settling down will lose you some customers. How many do you have to lose before you take notice when each customer you lose is a 5 to 6 figure hit and virtually everything you do is fixed cost?

I don't actually know what party is going to do, and I frankly don't know where I'm going to be playing my hands in the future, but ultimately I guess I can't believe that party is so indifferent to my money.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 AM

I think affiliates do fine and I'm not complaining, but they don't make 25% of any player and most affiliates (I hope)appreciate all their players make themselves available 24/7.