Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Pot committed with KK?

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one here who doesn't really like the PFRR to $35? Why 35? I think the mistake was made PF. This just seems like a good way to get pushed off KK PF.

I'm either minraising or calling here.

Aside from that, the obvious problem here is that he got called by someone other than the original raiser. This is probably where he shat himself, as would I.

I just don't love the re-bump PF to a factor of 3.5 after it had been bumped by a factor of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

K Steel, more and more, I think you're just a really subtle gimmick sent to SSNL just to torture us .....
Old 09-07-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If short-stack pushes all in here, what do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of hands that I beat. He's short-stacked which means he's desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. AA calls here to try to bring UTG along then pushes any flop. And since you are the only one who responded to an honest question sincerely without personal attack, I will only respond to you.

I guess there is no answer for this play. The OP played it perfectly. 'Nuff said. Let's stop wasting our time trying to figure out where he went wrong b/c he obviously didn't.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If short-stack pushes all in here, what do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

99-AA AK-AJ, for example
Old 09-07-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he found OOT well before he found the poker forums......

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM me for all personal attacks. It's detrimental to clog a thread with comments like this.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he found OOT well before he found the poker forums......

[/ QUOTE ]

Please PM me for all personal attacks. It's detrimental to clog a thread with comments like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steel, listen first, think second, post third.
Edit post to sound less like an a$$, fourth.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one here who doesn't really like the PFRR to $35? Why 35? I think the mistake was made PF. This just seems like a good way to get pushed off KK PF.

I'm either minraising or calling here.

Aside from that, the obvious problem here is that he got called by someone other than the original raiser. This is probably where he shat himself, as would I.

I just don't love the re-bump PF to a factor of 3.5 after it had been bumped by a factor of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was originally bumped by 2.5 (which is a weak raise IMO) the blinds are 2-4, I bumped it 3.5 on top of that, and i was PRAYING that the short stack would push, not scared of it. Hes looking for any 2 playable cards to get the money in.

Im not exactly sure why he called, but I wasnt going to fear AA when he only has 30bb to play with. I feared Ax tho.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:45 PM

To answer your question as to why we reraise to $35 preflop.

You almost certainly have the best hand. Since you have the best hand, get the money in while it is the best hand.

Furthermore, by making a large pot preflop, you are going to make it difficult for a hand that plays with you, like K10, QJ, AJ, that hits top pair (not the ace hopefully :P), to get away from their hand.

Finally, it protects your hand. When you have KK, and the board is Q74, it is tough to get away. By reraising you make it impossible for a person to play a small pair against you profitably.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:49 PM

After reading this I think the best line would have been check-call possibly all the way to the river, that way I have the best chance of getting paid off if im ahead, if hes ahead I am pretty pot stuck and I would probably call the all-in regardless.

As the hand went down I pretty much insta-pushed the flop, as was my plan for almost any flop, and he thought for about 5 seconds and called with A4o. I would have lost either way I played it, but with his wide range of hands the check call wouldve been the best option.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Im not exactly sure why he called, but I wasnt going to fear AA when he only has 30bb to play with. I feared Ax tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he smooth-calls AA. This isn't a tournament. Tourney he pushes AA. Cash game he calls, hope the other guy comes along, and pushes any flop.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this I think the best line would have been check-call possibly all the way to the river, that way I have the best chance of getting paid off if im ahead, if hes ahead I am pretty pot stuck and I would probably call the all-in regardless.

As the hand went down I pretty much insta-pushed the flop, as was my plan for almost any flop, and he thought for about 5 seconds and called with A4o. I would have lost either way I played it, but with his wide range of hands the check call wouldve been the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he took the time to think 'Maybe I'm outkicked' before calling.