Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Vegas, NFL Sunday and Low-Limit Hold \'Em

[ QUOTE ]
I hear Harrah's new room might work

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Sundays ago I arrived for a weeklong stay in LV. That Sunday I did what you plan and I did it at Harrahs. Sunday afternoon poker and football watching.

Nice comfy room and wild games. That Sunday afternoon there were 3 2/4 games and one 4/8 going. I played in the 4/8 and it was amazing. Pretty passive with 7, 8, or 9 to every flop. I only played for 45 minutes and won $170.

I visited Harrahs 2 more times during my trip in the evenings and the games were absolutely insane. Very loose and very aggressive. 7-9 each flop and lots of raising and capping and insanely huge pots for 4/8. On my last session there they added a half kill (6/12) shortly after I sat down so it might be kill and it might not.

The 4/8 also has normal (2/4) blinds rather than the (1/2) blinds other 4/8's around town feature.

I found Harrahs to be a very fun and comfortable place to play. There are many TVs but they are smallish and depending on your seat you may or may not have a view.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:44 PM

Headed out to vegas in january, The Orleans is one of our finalists simply because I hear a lot of good things about thier poker room and it's cheap. My question is, do any of the "working girls" head out there off the strip. The guys I'm going with have never been to vegas, so that sort of thing interests them. Any news along this front would be appreciate....thanks.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:10 AM

I was just there, and I played 3/6 at the Mirage while I watched the Packers get worked by the Giants. The floor manager was real cool about switching each TV to match game requests of people that were playing.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:54 AM

No working girls at the Orleans that I saw...games are very good esp after midnite....TV's there poor...Harrah's was nicest I have played in for TV sports
Old 10-08-2004, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guys I'm going with have never been to vegas, so that sort of thing interests them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read: I'm going to Vegas by myself and I need a whore.