Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did the addition of the 75/150 blind level change the average length of time each 10+1 stt takes?
yes 25 71.43%
no 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: 109 interesting spot.. POLL TIME!!

Eh, push or fold, but I think limping is terrible. You might as well just type "free 300 for whoever pushes".

I have NO experience at the $109s but I vote push. You should have pretty damn good FE vs the bigstack, and I can't see how those shorties will be loose enough to make this unprofitable.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

If it's suited I shove.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, either fold or shove works here, i'd say it's about = EV either way.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:08 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Gigabet [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] posted about liking to push from the CO.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:14 AM

I do that a fair amount too, but was never too sure about it. Definitely bad if the big stack is aggro here.

I wouldn't really think you gain FE, but you don't really lose much and maybe give yourself another way to either win more chips if called and you hit, or fold if big stack wakes up.

edit: I voted push.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 AM

"You'd rather be in the CO than BTN for an open push? No way"

I would be if being it gained enough FE to overcome the position.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:20 AM

But you also know that a lot of 2nd stacks will make silly raises when the blinds are shorties and a big stack is in between because they want to play the shorty without tangling with the big stack. This is why the big stack can resteal push here against a lot of bad players. Your play might be too crafty and might get any 2 shoved by a lot of big stacks. I would shove over a minraise as the big stack if multitabling against an unknown in this spot with these stacks.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 AM

How much of an affect does the number of people left have on the aggressiveness of the big stack?

It seems like a really solid big stack would (should?) be more aggressive against a minraise from the 2nd highest stack on the bubble, but with 5 left usually big stacks are glad to see other players tangle, or small stacks get smaller.

that said, I voted push. I think the big stack is tighter at this spot in the tourney, and the small stacks are looser, making either minraise or push +ev. The minraise (as irie pointed out) leaves you room to get out if big stack hit a hand.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would shove over a minraise as the big stack if multitabling against an unknown in this spot with these stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would I. Fortunately, we don't play us very often.

Most players aren't multitabling, so they'll notice when I min-raise for the first time all SNG when I've been pushing since level 4.

Everything you say is true... but I think it works more often than you think, and you just need to know when you can't do it. (and then you push here, of course.)

Irieguy
Old 10-08-2005, 02:56 AM

I would fold....I put big stack on 88+, AJ+; SB on default-Average; and BB on default-Loose, and I got +0.5 when discounting 50% for next BB/SB. Seems to me the blinds are more likely to be looser than tighter than these ranges, hence the fold....I dunno, I guess Irie and deathpotato and the rest of the guys who said push think the villains will be tighter than the ranges I specified? Or do you think +0.2-+0.5 here is enough to make pushing very clear?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, push or fold, but I think limping is terrible. You might as well just type "free 300 for whoever pushes".

I have NO experience at the $109s but I vote push. You should have pretty damn good FE vs the bigstack, and I can't see how those shorties will be loose enough to make this unprofitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

was joking, i voted push