Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Most sngs played in a month???

[ QUOTE ]
Investment Banking.. uhhh. How would you clear $1M in 5 years $200K x 5? Investment Banking is raising capital for businesses, and looking for possible acq/mergers. Right

[/ QUOTE ]

Like anything, its the best who make the most, but if u get on with a top tier firm and excel, my understanding is that you can make > $1M/yr after 5 yrs. I don't have first hand knowledge, but have been around the game with M&A and IPO activity from the Accounting side. Your basic summary of the type of work is correct.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM

My old man is a CPA and that's part of why I don't wanna work 9-5 (long hours, typical office politics, grind etc). I want to travel alot over the next few years, and I want to be around during the day for my kids etc etc.

Raptor, save all that money you make off poker and invest it. Won't be too long before you'll be able to retire.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Investment Banking.. uhhh. How would you clear $1M in 5 years $200K x 5? Investment Banking is raising capital for businesses, and looking for possible acq/mergers. Right

[/ QUOTE ]

Like anything, its the best who make the most, but if u get on with a top tier firm and excel, my understanding is that you can make > $1M/yr after 5 yrs. I don't have first hand knowledge, but have been around the game with M&A and IPO activity from the Accounting side. Your basic summary of the type of work is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm will look into this I'm currently going to school right now and I know I want to do something with Business.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:47 PM

Trading is the way to go... and much more similar to poker than I-Banking. Trust me, I'm in trading, work 8-6 PM, and my roommate and friends are in I-Banking, and may work something like 6 AM to midnight...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trading is the way to go... and much more similar to poker than I-Banking. Trust me, I'm in trading, work 8-6 PM, and my roommate and friends are in I-Banking, and may work something like 6 AM to midnight...

[/ QUOTE ]

6am to midnight isnt too far off from my old poker schedule.. just change the 6am to 6pm and the midnight to noon.. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM

"I couldn't wait to play more the next month. Maybe I'm not recalling accurately, but I really don't feel like I was burned out at any point"

FWIW I feel kinda the same way. I wouldn't say it's 'fun', but playing sngs has become more enjoyable since I started playing volume. Before I started this challenge, I'd find trying to put in just hrs a day would be tough. Now I don't think I'd have a problem putting in 5. So it's only taken 3 days of long hours to change my effort issues. I guess I just needed to get into a routine.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I couldn't wait to play more the next month. Maybe I'm not recalling accurately, but I really don't feel like I was burned out at any point"

FWIW I feel kinda the same way. I wouldn't say it's 'fun', but playing sngs has become more enjoyable since I started playing volume. Before I started this challenge, I'd find trying to put in just hrs a day would be tough. Now I don't think I'd have a problem putting in 5. So it's only taken 3 days of long hours to change my effort issues. I guess I just needed to get into a routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yes.. i remember those days.. i couldnt wait to load up more sngs and watch as my graphs rose and fell based upon my performance day by day. it grew tiresome though.. after seeing the same thing over and over.. maybe i just need frequent change.. who knows. i couldnt do this forever though. thats all im saying. gotta have things to keep you fresh for sure. i didnt. i had more sngs to keep me fresh. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yes.. i remember those days.. i couldnt wait to load up more sngs and watch as my graphs rose and fell based upon my performance day by day. it grew tiresome though.. after seeing the same thing over and over.. maybe i just need frequent change.. who knows. i couldnt do this forever though. thats all im saying. gotta have things to keep you fresh for sure. i didnt. i had more sngs to keep me fresh. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptor how long have you been playing poker online(seriously). Do you have $100k+ bankroll?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raptor how long have you been playing poker online(seriously). Do you have $100k+ bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

online seriously? well.. over a year.. since december since it was 40+ hours a week. and as to the bankroll? lol. hell no. i go to vegas too much. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

online seriously? well.. over a year.. since december since it was 40+ hours a week. and as to the bankroll? lol. hell no. i go to vegas too much. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

What sng level do you play?