Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which accent?
Locust Valley Lockjaw (Thurston Howell of Gilligan's Island) 2 1.34%
Asian 0 0%
Latino 8 5.37%
German 4 2.68%
French 15 10.07%
Russian 16 10.74%
English 55 36.91%
Middle Eastern 1 0.67%
Italian 20 13.42%
Southern (U.S.) 18 12.08%
Canadian 10 6.71%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: (109) Bubble Fun with Raptor

what has me worried is i'm in the majority. That never happens. I'm not kidding either. For me to be in the majority in this poll represents a major shift in this groups thinking. I like being contrarian. If this continues I'm gonna end up playing like raptor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what has me worried is i'm in the majority. That never happens. I'm not kidding either. For me to be in the majority in this poll represents a major shift in this groups thinking. I like being contrarian. If this continues I'm gonna end up playing like raptor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain your reasoning for calling here?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:52 PM

well, at some point I'm gonna have to play a hand unless I do a fold race with the small stack and hope he doesnt get lucky. Going that route leaves me with a few hundred chips in 3rd, if I'm lucky. If small stack gets lucky on his all in hand and i dont I'm screwed. I hate playing that way.

So, assuming I have to push something, I will have to push into or past a stack that can call with no worries, and a stack that can call pretty louse, cause i cant hurt them much. anytime I'm in small blind and small is in bb one of the 2 huge stacks will raise just to wear us down so they can get rid of us. So, assuming I'm gonna be showing down a hand anyway, AQ is a pretty decent hand to be in against the huge range that the button is pushing here. Also, the sooner I play a hand the more chips I get for my double up, giving me more chances for 1st.

Is any of this correct? Donno, but it is how I see it.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Geez... I fold here without a whole lot of thought.

Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I also went for fold, you'd be amazed to find. Heh.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Geez... I fold here without a whole lot of thought.

Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I also went for fold, you'd be amazed to find. Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your answer to Raptor's other AQ post where t480 shorty pushes and big stack pushes over the top?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:37 PM

That one's a lot harder than this one. I've also been away most of the weekend and week until now, so I hadn't had chance to look at it. But I think it's a marginal fold, I'd like more time to decide though. This one is a much more clear-cut fold, at least for me.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 AM

C'mon guys. You assume a) pusher doesn't push crap, and b) BB will call with almost any 2 if you fold, which means you either call and flip for your stack or fold and have a good chance that the BB will bust. Even if he doesn't bust you can still take the flip later. Easy fold.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 AM

i think this has to be one of the most insanely marginal decisions, its kind of akin to making a post on whether or not to choose heads or tails, maybe the reasoning behind the decision is helpful for improvement in this case but the actual decision pretty much makes no difference.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this has to be one of the most insanely marginal decisions, its kind of akin to making a post on whether or not to choose heads or tails, maybe the reasoning behind the decision is helpful for improvement in this case but the actual decision pretty much makes no difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, for what my insanely marginal opinion is worth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed... but call because gambling is more fun than not.