Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 02:30 PM

Default What are you folks reading?

Other than David Sklansky and J.Stew, are any of you reading anything and trying to learn what is really going on or are you just spitting out your own personal ideas with no research? If you are, what kind of research do you have to prove any of your theories?
First seek yee the truth.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: What are you folks reading?

Theories of WHAT?

I read philosophy, history, science, and poker for the most part.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:40 PM

For instance I saw one post about the RNG and internet poker, the RNG was created as part of an expirament in collective consciousness. It was built using radioactive atomic decay, which would supposidly insure random activity. etc. etc.
I wasn't slamming anyone, I just like to read.
I was loking more for titles. :-)~
Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For instance I saw one post about the RNG and internet poker, the RNG was created as part of an expirament in collective consciousness. It was built using radioactive atomic decay, which would supposidly insure random activity. etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know that "RNG" is just an algorithm to create pseudo-random numbers, right? There is no "THE" RNG, as if it is a specific entity.

Anyway, if you want titles to interesting reads, here's a few recommendations from my recent activity:

-- "The Decline and Fall of the Soviet Empire: Forty Years That Shook the World, from Stalin to Yeltsin" by Fred Coleman

-- "The Skeptic : A Life of H. L. Mencken" by Terry Teachout

-- "A Storm in Flanders: The Ypres Salient, 1914-1918: Tragedy and Triumph on the Western Front" by Winston Groom

-- "The Metaphysical Club: A Story of Ideas in America" by Louis Menand
Old 09-08-2005, 02:52 PM

Another newbie poster who has come to evangelize the heathen. And he asks what research we are doing when he hasn't even taken the time to search for religious threads over the past months to find out why we regulars do believe various views.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Finally a spark if intellect. I knew you had it in you somewhere.
What else do you know about the entity known as RNG. Who invented it, and upon whose research did He get the idea, and why was it invented??
Old 09-08-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally a spark if intellect. I knew you had it in you somewhere.
What else do you know about the entity known as RNG. Who invented it, and upon whose research did He get the idea, and why was it invented??

[/ QUOTE ]

You question my intellect and then ask about the inventor of "the RNG" (apparently, there is just one, right?). You are so learned.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:36 PM

You are hilarious.
I have no doubt about your intellect. I just wanted you to show some. Like I said I knew you could.
If i knew the answer why would I ask the question? I was asking you if you knew my friend because I don't. lol
Yes I am a very studious person yet I know that so many know so much more than I. The first step is to realize that we know nothing. I was having a friendly conversation, were you?? I don't argue.
You made my day, I am literally laughing my ass off.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:41 PM

An attack doesn't equate a title. I asked what are you reading because I want to read it also my friend, yes I am new but I did nothing to attack you. Nor will I start now. Evangelize?? You have got to be kidding?? You're opinion is much more important than mine could ever be. I would rather be the heathen.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:49 PM

Who do you have your eye on to ask out for the junior prom this year?