Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Stop talking at the tables (LC)

[ QUOTE ]

Man oh man, I wish chat wasn't an option for online poker. Time and time again I see some table captain berate a big time donator for a stupid play and all I can do is just sit and watch while I grit my teeth and wish I could kick him square in the nuts.

Then you got the idiots that give out the URL of this site, or talk about this book, that book. For Pete's sake, are you not playing this game to make money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Not everyone plays 2/4 online poker for a living. (Yes there are ppl older than 18 out there) There are still a few ppl that play poker for sport and they like to play against competent players.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 PM

I have absolutely no problem with people telling others about 2+2 or recommending books that will help them. This is good for 2+2 publishing and the authors we like to make money. I think it probably inappropriate to do this at a table, but there may be a situation or two where its cool.

My problem is when players berate other players in chat. It breaks up games, it tightens players who are there for casual fun, etc. It is also terrible manners to boot. I know Malmuth agrees of course based on his essay.

I think one of the biggest problems on Party Poker is the loons who really yell & scream at a player. These loons aren't very good themselves (if a 33% type VPIP is any indication), but rude behavior will drive passive first-timers away from the table AND from the site.

This is one reason I wish GamesGrid could get a few more players. There is a bunch of nice chat there, and rarely does someone lose it.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. How the hell does some 35 year old woman know about SSHE???! I hope she isn't think of playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? They sell SSHE at all the bookstores and lots of people know about 2+2....even old people....David and Mason have been publishing for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man... she was *35*???

That's freakin *old*, dude!

Most 35-year-olds can't even read any more, much less figure out how to get on line.

She probably doesn't even have sex any more.

I hope I never get to be 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

As unbelievable as this may sound to some of you, I am a 51-year old woman who owns SSHE.......along with HEFAP and TOP. I've been a good customer of Sklansky, Malmuth and Miller. Started playing this past February, and thanks to them, I have been a winner.

Some "old ladies" can play. And we especially enjoy the young pups at our table who think we can't......

[/ QUOTE ]

You go, girl! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tom
Old 11-05-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. How the hell does some 35 year old woman know about SSHE???! I hope she isn't think of playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? They sell SSHE at all the bookstores and lots of people know about 2+2....even old people....David and Mason have been publishing for quite some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man... she was *35*???

That's freakin *old*, dude!

Most 35-year-olds can't even read any more, much less figure out how to get on line.

She probably doesn't even have sex any more.

I hope I never get to be 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

As unbelievable as this may sound to some of you, I am a 51-year old woman who owns SSHE.......along with HEFAP and TOP. I've been a good customer of Sklansky, Malmuth and Miller. Started playing this past February, and thanks to them, I have been a winner.

Some "old ladies" can play. And we especially enjoy the young pups at our table who think we can't......

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am a little old lady (ten years older than Malo), and I have read every word of GSIH and SSHE several times over and all the 2+2 magazine articles and many 2+2 threads. And, yes, I can still read (in a number of different languages) and write to a publishable standard. And obviously I know how to get online and spend a great deal of time (and money) there.

And as for sex, it only gets better for women over 35 (and smart young men know that). For women there is really no upper limit. Alas, this is not true for men who struggle in that department as they age (go, little blue pill). You young fellows sitting in your underpants in your parents' basement, 8-tabling and pissing in pickle jars, don't try to teach your grandmas to suck eggs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And as for sex, it only gets better for women over 35 (and smart young men know that). For women there is really no upper limit. Alas, this is not true for men who struggle in that department as they age (go, little blue pill). You young fellows sitting in your underpants in your parents' basement, 8-tabling and pissing in pickle jars, don't try to teach your grandmas to suck eggs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen sistah! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most fish will remain that way in the face of overwhelming evidence. A lack of self-honesty goes hand-in-hand with being a bad poker player. I don't worry about educating the fish too much. There's lots of fish.

If it really bothers you, then just try to find a way to change the subject at the table.

I've always wondered about the double standard. Many here don't want the bad players to know about 2+2, but if one of them makes their way here, then we go out of our way to teach them to play better. It's probably two completely different sets of posters, but it just seems kind of wonky.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most newbies end up in OOT anyway so chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 03:48 PM

Could 2+2 just close registration? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Only half joking [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I tend to agree with OP. There couldn't be any good that can come out of linking this site and the books even if 1/100 actually follow up on it and become better players. So why do it?
Old 11-05-2005, 04:02 PM

I think there is an advantage through knowledge and information but it is essential how this information is being processed. This is just like a libary, everyone can go there and not many actually do. I think itīs a little paranoid to believe that just because some folks tell the fish about 2+2, all fish will disappear. They are not fish because they havenīt hear of 2+2 before.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 PM

this is how i became a 2+2er, it was like a good year or so ago, i was probly break-even-ish at some limit, i had read HPFAP already, i did something with 88 when it was an underpair, dude at the table was like:

dude: "that was the correct play, 2+2er i presume?"
me: "uhh.. what?"
me: "ohh...sklanskys website?"
dude: "yeah, you a 2+2er?"
me: "no, but i read his book"
dude: "which one"
me: "HPFAP"
dude: "well you should check out the site some time"
me: "ok"

and thats where it all started, i might have found it eventually anyway, but still, DONT BE THAT GUY

if you want to identify another 2+2er at the table, just say "sup bro?" otherwise shut the [censored] up unless your telling a fish "nh" or something