Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 02:08 AM

Default up a creek...where\'s that damn paddle...JJ

super loose passive where the hell am i game.

EDIT: passive but not retarded, as in if somebody hits a good hand they'll raise but not many moves being made as is normally the case.

i get JcJs on the button, 6 limpers i raise everybody calls (blinds included) NINE of us for 2 bets...

Qs8s6c. every single person checks to me...i bet, 5 callers. 6 of us to the turn for 12 bbs.

Qs8s6c[As]. every single person checks to me. i ?

-Barron
Old 08-30-2004, 02:13 AM

Default Re: up a creek...where\'s that damn paddle...JJ

Keep betting, on the rare chance you are ahead every fold is so valuable.
-James
Old 08-30-2004, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep betting, on the rare chance you are ahead every fold is so valuable.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

a few notes: people playing Axo(s) can hit two pair. flush got there. if i bet and have to call a few more bets back to me i would have wished i checked. at the same time, if i check and let somebody with T8 hit two pair i will have cost myself the pot.

saying it like that makes me pretty sure i should bet because in the long run at WORST it's between a .25 and 1bb mistake (if most of the times i have to call 3 bbs thats a worst case scenario it still won't happen that often), but the times i don't bet the mistake is huge...

shoulda thoughta that before i posted lol. thanks james
-Barron
Old 08-30-2004, 02:31 AM

I think because the pot is so big even the rarest of times that you are ahead(and the fact that you might even gain value from calls if your possible 11 out draw is good) make this bet good even though it feels so wrong. If you described these players as smarter or more aggressive, however, I'd be more inclined to check.
-James
Old 08-30-2004, 03:02 AM

Just the fact you have Js makes this a bet. You easily have overlay given your chances you are ahead + chances you are drawing. Gettng raised by the player on my right would make me choke on my own vomit though.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:10 AM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Gettng raised by the player on my right would make me choke on my own vomit though.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, my sentiments exactly...but you and james are right and i should definately bet.

now i think i'll post the results here:

i pussied out and checked. river pairs the bottom card. checked to a guy 2 to my right. he bets folded to me i obviously call and a guy in ep raises one cold caller and the original bettor calls and i fold (that is the one thing on the later streets im 100% sure is correct). ep riaser flips over a king and the paired bottom card for trips. the other two guys had a queen and a lone ace respectively.

-Barron
Old 08-30-2004, 03:25 AM

Wow, I'm really surprised. You get 5 flop callers and everybody wants you to fire again just because you have the second nut flush draw? This pot is so big, I cant see you winning in unimproved, and there is no way you are ahead. I would also fear the player on my right may cut down the field on me which would really suck.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm really surprised. You get 5 flop callers and everybody wants you to fire again just because you have the second nut flush draw? This pot is so big, I cant see you winning in unimproved, and there is no way you are ahead. I would also fear the player on my right may cut down the field on me which would really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i posted it originally but don't you think given the value of the draw you may have its worth a bet plus the fact i might be ahead, plus the fact i may get correct callers to fold plus the fact it'll rarely be more than 1 more bet back to me?

-Barron
Old 08-30-2004, 03:40 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i posted it originally but don't you think given the value of the draw you may have its worth a bet plus the fact i might be ahead, plus the fact i may get correct callers to fold plus the fact it'll rarely be more than 1 more bet back to me?

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I think we can rule out the times when you either fold a better hand or get called by a worse hand because that just wont happen very often with 5 flop callers and that turn card. Your draw does has value, and you may get called in a few spots considering the amount of money in the pot, but how about the times when you are up agaist the K of spades, that might add a little to the case for checking as well. Personally I think you played your hand fine, but I'll be interested in reading some of the other responses.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:40 AM

I don't think it's worth it. I much prefer to take the free card here. The chances you have the best hand are getting pretty close to zero.

-Michael