Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 02:26 AM

Default BEing called a fish

I got cold-decked tonight for all of 45 minutes or so (while in the midst of a downswing) and this guy at my 6-max table starts talking smack. Telling me how bad I am and thanking me for my money. Usually its no problem, but this time, I'm already a little annoyed at running cold. So I make some adolescent joke about putting the screws on his mom. Anyway, this keeps up. So I switch seats to his left and start reraising his raises with anything decent. Anytime I lose he thanks me for my money. I end up positive at the table, he breaks even after being up huge. Point is this: If it annoys me to that point at a level where I am not out of my league (.5/1), its got to kill an unsure player. Don't know why I felt the need to post this, maybe to stop some of the belligerent of us.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: BEing called a fish

Sometimes when I'm drunk ill sit 1/2 and raise and reraise all hands while talking trash to every player.

It can be very relaxing. Don't feel bad.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:54 AM

you both should grow up
Old 12-12-2005, 04:35 PM

1-2 drunken 6max is a good when you go to the tightest possible table and beat them with always betting.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got cold-decked tonight for all of 45 minutes or so (while in the midst of a downswing) and this guy at my 6-max table starts talking smack. Telling me how bad I am and thanking me for my money. Usually its no problem, but this time, I'm already a little annoyed at running cold. So I make some adolescent joke about putting the screws on his mom. Anyway, this keeps up. So I switch seats to his left and start reraising his raises with anything decent. Anytime I lose he thanks me for my money. I end up positive at the table, he breaks even after being up huge. Point is this: If it annoys me to that point at a level where I am not out of my league (.5/1), its got to kill an unsure player. Don't know why I felt the need to post this, maybe to stop some of the belligerent of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

There will come a point in time where you just stop caring about it. The losing will go on for days and days, so listening to yappers doesn't help.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it annoys me to that point at a level where I am not out of my league (.5/1), its got to kill an unsure player. Don't know why I felt the need to post this, maybe to stop some of the belligerent of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would you rather have, this guy's respect or his chips?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There will come a point in time where you just stop caring about it. The losing will go on for days and days, so listening to yappers doesn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all I really needed to hear. I already know I need to grow up, my daughter has been telling me that for years. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]