Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Dual monitors with 2005FPW and ?

I'm doing this is steps, I got the 2005FPW monitor, then the dual video card, and now want to get a 2nd monitor to play at least 4 tables on the new monitor, and was thinking about the Dell P1130? I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a 2nd monitor right now and that one is only about 150$ otherwise I'd get the samsung 204T, any better cheaper affordable ones?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Dual monitors with 2005FPW and ?

I have not seen this particular dell monitor in action, but dell crts are good in general (atleast those I seen). They are made by other manufacturers and just marked dell. If my sources are correct this is actually a Sony Trinitron monitor, witch I would say are the best CRTs you can find at those prices. If you are gonna get a CRT at a decent price, this is it.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:33 PM

Thanks.. I also took your advice on my video card question, ordered it, and am now using that card and like it. I will probably order a monitor within a couple weeks so if anyone else has seen these in action let me know, otherwise it sounds this is a good way to go.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Read this before you order though (in case you didn't know): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture_grille so it will not be a supprise.

However the quality compared to standard crts makes up that only "bad" thing. After a week or so you will not even know they (usually two) are there and just be amazed how much better than a standard crt it is. I had a trinitron myself, best crt I ever seen. They apper thinner than a hair and will not even show on all backgrounds, usually light grey.