Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Screen name change (fatskiis) And some long (LC) expatiation

i played with you a bunch and you spewed a few times. overall you play good tho and i think many of you plays were cuz you thought i was nutso.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Comments on player sn=fatskiis?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no strategic advice. Just wanted to point out, the plural of ski is skis, not skiis.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:41 AM

nice hit lucky.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM

i have no doubt that you play good blackize.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 AM

i have a note on you. i know it bc i remember typing. i dont remember waht it was tho. something like, "donked flush draw into pf raiser in multiway pot." i could be wrong. i am very interested now.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 AM

he c/r'ed his vs me. also defended my button steal and sb cc with q7o. I dunno.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 AM

hey w alloy,

1) haven't played post-split. Sorry.

2) I make a pretty decent amount of mistakes. I take note of hands that I feel were misplayed and review them after sessions - many end up being okay but I do make a few per 100. Not sure exactly how many on average but it's a not-insignificant amount. As long as we learn from them you can't sweat it...perfect poker is an illusion, we just have to do the best we can with the information we've got at the time.3

3) How many hands at 10/20? 100k hands overall for shorthanded really isn't that many... and as i'm sure you know winrates take forever to converge. I'm happy you've been running well but it's a little early to feel like you've conquered 10/20 and need to race up the limits, especially considering your self-acknowledged mistakes. I'd recommend studying your game and logging more hands at 10/20 - definitely take shots at higher limits to try and keep building your roll, though.

4) I think playing good, aggressive poker will often leave you looking like a complete idiot. This is great for shania [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I wouldn't worry about consciously trying to create an image through sligly -EV plays, especially b/c most opponents won't notice.

5) As a recent college graduate turned poker "pro," i'd recommend staying in school and building your roll through logging tons of hands. Your personal expenses should be pretty low so you can really get your roll to grow - take a long view and work on getting that bankroll up and start to invest what's extra. I wish I got into online poker before my last year of school or so, now that I have monthly expenses it's slowed my roll's growth.

Good luck,

Surf
Old 11-14-2005, 06:07 AM

quiting college is incredibly dumb. you have 4 yrs to do as much dumb stuff as possibly. why would cut that short? that you are even considering it shows that you have a poor understanding of fev.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 AM

Thanks for a great reply surf.

In response to 3, I definitely know I havent conquered 10/20. I have only 25k hands there, and know that my winrate is next to meaningless over this sample size. It sounds like you have a good grasp of my situation and what I was trying to ask, and thanks for the advice.

In response to 5, and moreso to Victor's last post; I am definetly not going to outright quit college, and am in a very peculiar situation for reasons I dont wish to mention. I was a bit ambiguous and possibly misleading in my op. Dont worry about me. Thanks for the advice though. What did you mean by fev BTW?

In response to Bugstud, isnt calling with Q7o there pretty standard as long as the SB is looseish? I wouldn't note it anyways.

This thread was looking like a disaster, but has definitely shaped up. Awaiting more responses on how many mistakes people make [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 11-14-2005, 06:50 AM

ehhh it's profitable hot and cold but you generally have a big problem with it postflop, especially against a spraytard like me.