Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: I am having trouble knowing what to do in this situation

[ QUOTE ]
[blind post]

With so many calling down, it's sort of a 'collective collusion'.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to 'individual collusion'. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the ch on the flop may have been wrong, but I had seen this situation go bad for me soo much in the last 2 or 3 days that I just checked, gave up and logged off lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tilt, though the check might not be wrong. But your first problem is thinking getting dealt an AQ offsuit is license to print money. It's a marginal hand and being in the BB your in a marginal situation. You raised, you had a bad flop, it didn't work out. What's the problem? I expect to win every time I play, but I don't feel unfairly punished when I don't. Bad flops happen to good people.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-31-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad flops happen to good people.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, the opposite is also true! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the ch on the flop may have been wrong, but I had seen this situation go bad for me soo much in the last 2 or 3 days that I just checked, gave up and logged off lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tilt, though the check might not be wrong. But your first problem is thinking getting dealt an AQ offsuit is license to print money. It's a marginal hand and being in the BB your in a marginal situation. You raised, you had a bad flop, it didn't work out. What's the problem? I expect to win every time I play, but I don't feel unfairly punished when I don't. Bad flops happen to good people.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

ur right, hence me logging off when I noticed frustration... normally it doesnt happen, I dont really think about previous situations when playing the current one. there was a little frustration but my ch and fold on the turn was calculated mind you, in a field of 4, most likely someone hit a pair considering you normally hit a pair 1/3 of the time or something like that. on this table, for the little bit i was there, I noticed ppl calling down with a lot of ghetto hands, so I was positive my bets/raises were not gonna get respected with folds, just get passive calls.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:22 PM

You're the pf raiser so your check on the flop screams "I missed" giving your passive opponents the courage to bet their low pairs or ugly king on the turn so I feel it's important to follow your aggression thru to the flop.

Totally agree. I think it's worth 1 small bet to try to win it right there.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:27 PM

it varies for me. but i'd probably actually play it the same. loose/passive tables i've been at always call the flop bet with only 1 OC on the board unless it's an Ace, so i doubt you're winning it right there, especially if someone has any sort of draw or paired 7/5. i think if it was 3 handed, i'd consider it more.

sometimes i bet it. sometimes i don't. IMO, its table-dependent. you'll get in a lot of trouble auto-betting all the time.