Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Getting ready to move up.

My BR is now ready for me to move up to 1/2. I'm play at PP .5/1 with a winrate of 3.44BB/100 over about 4,500 hands. Is there much difference between the .5/1 and 1/2 at PP? What should I expect as I move up? Any unsolicited advice also welcome.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Getting ready to move up.

[ QUOTE ]
Any unsolicited advice also welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a solicitation for advice? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, the advice I would give you is to not focus on the 3+ BB/100 over 4500 hands. Focus on making sure you know why you're winning.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 PM

Play more hands. 4500 hands is really not that much. I thought that I was ready after 10K hands, but learned so much more during the next 10k hands that I thought I had learned poker all over again.

1/2 is a much different game then .50/1. You can make huge mistakes in .50/1 but still have winning sessions because the pots you win will more then make up for the bets you lose by being a donk. As you move up, you will find less and less palyers that will be in pots till the river, therefore sometimes half the pot is money you put into it.

If you want to move up, go for it. You may be a much better player then I was at the time. All I am saying is that 4500 hands says almost nothing about whether you are beating the game or not.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 PM

The 4,500 is just what I have stats on since I got PT. Those are my hands for the past month. Previous to this, I was taking out my winnings to pay my car payments. So, I'm missing about 11 months of hands from when I didn't have PT and didn't keep stats.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was taking out my winnings to pay my car payments. So, I'm missing about 11 months of hands from when I didn't have PT and didn't keep stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have a cheap car...or play a helluva lot of 0.5/1. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must have a cheap car...or play a helluva lot of 0.5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

damnit, beat me to it
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 PM

Well, I didn't make the payments with all poker money every month, but it certainly helped a lot (usually at least half of the payment).
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM

Well whether we can say if you are ready to move up based on your 4500 hands, your lack of PT for 11 months, or your payments on your go kart. Maybe post your stats from PT, that might be a better place to see where you are at.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:46 PM

I'm going to move up, I was just wondering if anybody had any insight on how the game at 1/2 would differ from the game at .5/1. And its a Mazda 3 not a go kart.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:49 PM

STOP! Dont do it. .50/1 is brainless poker. I've run over 20k hands at over 3.5BB/100. You need to evaluate on why you've beaten this level. Pull out about 500 hands and go through them one by one. Ask yourself: "why did I do this" (regardless of the outcome) and dont rationalize saying that the guy was loose.
1/2 will kill you if you can't figure out your leaks. They will only get bigger and bigger as you progress to 1/2 and you will gush chips in the process. (Also remember is you have to move down...most of those juicy 1st time bonuses that built you 600.00 roll will be gone, then it's hell to try and build it back up again.
At a minimum get over 10-20K hands under your belt, anylize your 500 hands. Post a bunch(Not just winning hands), and post this again when you can show full PT stats (on the post) and graph your play.
I just moved to 1/2 and its like I changed to Omaha, the same Tight/Super-aggro isnt going to cut it. You'll start getting check-raised in your sleep.

Then again maybe you're awesome. But 4-5k hands isnt enough to prove it.