Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Negreanu\'s bankroll

In his blog he mentioned that he has to go to the Wynn to get some cash. Is he keeping his roll there or is the Wynn bankrolling him?
Old 06-13-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s bankroll

Wynn is not bankrolling Negreanu. This has been stated over and over and over, including by Negreanu himself.

The logical conclusion is that Negreanu has a safety deposit box at the Wynn. That's very common for poker players.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:53 PM

In a recent interview, he stated that he has little of his money in bank accounts and holds most of his money in cash.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a recent interview, he stated that he has little of his money in bank accounts and holds most of his money in cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that too, and it made me think Daniel might not be as bright as I thought he was.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 PM

If he keeps on playing Barry for 500k a pop he wont need a bank because he will be broke again.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that too, and it made me think Daniel might not be as bright as I thought he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm beginning to greatly question his smarts. This $500k challenge is beyond idiotic. At best, he is a 2% favorite over the challenger (and I think that is being rather good to him). Many others have rightfully pegged it at a 50/50 proposition if not a bit worse. In any event, the variance is high and they payoff is about what you'd get from a savings account. Not a good bet.

He is going for fame, and fame like this is the enemy of a gambler. Why? Any non-pecuinary utility is likely going to be offset by a some pecuniary loss; that is, if you are buying fame with cash. Sure, if you value fame more, you end up "better" off. But because your finances are intrinsically tied to your success otherwise, it is a fool's bargain.

Negreanu and others should cash in on their fame by playing $5k heads up matches all day long against any taker if they want to build a rep like this, because all sorts of gamblers would plop down that much to try and beat a pro. We've all seen the Rounders scene with Johnny Chan, right?
Old 06-13-2005, 06:57 PM

Funny cause in the recent cardplayer WSOP video coverage, Dan said his goal is to break Barry so he can then stake him for 40-80!!! He was of curse trash talking but it was funny.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:01 PM

Wasn't he playing in a 100,000-200,000 mixed game a few months back? It seems to me that these freeze outs are small compared to the stakes and loss potential in that game. I realize he doesn't exactly grind the ol' 1-2 everyday, but just to sit down in that game is risking millions.

I think (hope) he knows what he is doing and is just very rich. Or maybe he is a fearless gambler who doesn't mind if he goes broke, reasoning he has backers and will get it back.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Check the vid out - it is interesting

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tour...p;video_id=141

Daniel is aware of the posts regarding his bankroll.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't he playing in a 100,000-200,000 mixed game a few months back? It seems to me that these freeze outs are small compared to the stakes and loss potential in that game. I realize he doesn't exactly grind the ol' 1-2 everyday, but just to sit down in that game is risking millions.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he was playing in a 2000-4000 and 4000-8000 mixed game. At least this is what his blogs talk about.

(Read it for a story of a ridiculous 2000-4000 hold'em hand, where he flops quads with 2-2 and Eli Elezra hits kings full on the river with K-K. The river is 6-bet before Eli decides to just call, and at that point wants to rip his cards in pieces.)