Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: K9s top pair, turn donk

There are a lot of draws out on this board . . . from the flop action I would say you are reasonably ahead. I raise to protect your pair of K's and face the field with 2 bb cold.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:47 PM

I'll admit I've been a little surprised by the responses to this one. 56/0.6 isn't ultra-passive but it's by no means aggressive, and in my experience this is not the sort of player to donk K<=8 or a turned OESD into 4 people. Why is everyone so confident that we're ahead here?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:03 PM

This guy is loose and also in the small blind so he really could have anything. Also his stats are only after 27 hands so who knows how accurte they are . . .

We may not be ahead . . . but if the other two players fold would you agree this improves our winning chances? If he has two pair (J4?) or K with beter kicker (doubt it), we still have 4 T's (which is why getting Ax to fold makes us happy) as well as a possible counterfit of his two pair. Heck maybe he has AJ himself and decided to take a stab . . . Our biggest (reasonable?) fear is AT or T9, but I'm not ready to give him credit for a straight yet.