Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 20/40 For Grisgra - taking K-hi to showdown... KTo

If it makes you feel any better this hand just happened:

5h 10/20. I have K5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. I raise, he calls.

Flop is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Not bad. I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he calls.

Turn is another 6. I bet, he raises, I call.

River is ANOTHER 6. I check, he bets, I think about folding, slap myself, and call. He shows J7o and goes "WTF? I used to have respect for you."

Hahahahahahaha! I tell him I can't say the same, and the game continues . . .

I only turned on chat after I won the hand, by the way. If I think there's any chance I'm being trash-talked or whatnot, the chat is OFF (that's the default) so as to not distract me. But I'll turn it on after winning a good hand as so to determine whether my opponent might be going on tilt.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the replies - that was what I thought.

Anyway, i c/c'd turn. River was a 6, I c/c again. Villain had Q6 and MHING. He said something along the lines of "OMG k-hi you are so bad." For some reason my poker confidence takes serious blows when players trash-talk me, becaues my last month or 2 has me reeling. I think i'm going to turn off player chat. Just a checkup.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

i talk [censored] to a lot of tags even when they play well. its fun.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:24 AM

wow, nh. What made you call the river? It woulda sucked if he was "bluffing" with AcXc.

Surf
Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's you, I hate you. You don't go around claiming to be "the best SH player on the site" do you? It's amazing that after hundreds of thousands of hands of winning poker I can let some other TAG wreck my confidence after a losing session and his trash talk.

Surf
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can let some other TAG wreck my confidence after a losing session and his trash talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dawg if this is true you definitely need to turn off chat. You are probably one of the best players in those games why do you care what some donk wannnabe says to you??
Old 12-04-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's you, I hate you. You don't go around claiming to be "the best SH player on the site" do you? It's amazing that after hundreds of thousands of hands of winning poker I can let some other TAG wreck my confidence after a losing session and his trash talk.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

no, thats not me. my [censored] is funny.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:46 AM

thx lmn, that means alot to me.

idk, the variance just gets to my confidence - i've historically been a perfectionist and when my hard work doesn't yield results i try harder, and when that doesn't work i get frustrated. :\

If there's one thing I know, it's that I've got lots to learn about poker even though I'm happy with my game. Maybe I take that humble attitude too far.

Surf
Old 12-04-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, nh. What made you call the river? It woulda sucked if he was "bluffing" with AcXc.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord knows I've "picked off" enough of those bluffs with my K-high before, but something about the action here just seemed goofy. I couldn't believe the action, frankly -- I think he would have reraised pf with any pocket or ace. And by the river it was very unlikely he had a six.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 PM

i'd say grisgra (as usual) has the best policy for the chat box. i used to always keep it off. my problem was i was reading it and laughing at some of the funny stuff people say and was quite entertained. however, i thought about it and decided i would be much better off spending my time studying the actions of other players on other tables to get reads on them as opposed to entertaining myself with the chat box. but grisgra makes a good point that the chat box often times can be used to find out if someone is about to go on tilt before it happens. very valuable information. by the way surf, you are one of about 10 to 15 people i search out on a daily basis to read posts and replies from. so if that is any indication you needn't worry what others think you are probably so far out of their league that you shouldn't care what they say.